Daniel A. Klein
Top rated personal injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisKurasch & Klein Ltd.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Workers' compensation, Medical malpractice
Licensed in Illinois since: 1990
Education: The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
Kurasch & Klein Ltd.100 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60602 Visit website
Daniel A. Klein is a partner at Kurasch & Klein, Ldt., in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Klein, concentrates his practice on injured victims of motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, product liability, and medical negligence cases. He focuses on personal injury, workers' compensation, and medical malpractice litigation cases. Dan's areas of practice include wrongful death cases, car accidents, trucking accidents, construction accidents, nursing home neglect, fall downs, and premises liability cases.
Mr. Klein's hard work and dedication have resulted in successful recoveries and winning verdicts in thousands of cases for his clients in his over 30 years in practice. He has achieved multiple multimillion-dollar recoveries for clients in Illinois and around the country in cases ranging from trucking accidents to commercial disputes. He earned a $10 million verdict that stemmed from a construction accident case.
Mr. Klein's work has earned him several honors, including being named among the Illinois' Top 100 by Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, and The American Society of Legal Advocates. Year after year he has been included in the top 5 percent of all personal injury lawyers in Illinois. He credits his success to his dedication and diligence in preparation for every case.
Attorney Klein earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from The Ohio State University in 1987. The Dayton, Ohio, native later earned his law degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 1990. He is a member of the bar in the states of Illinois and Florida. His other memberships include The Chicago Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. In addition, he has served as an arbitrator in the Circuit Court of Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1990, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.chicagopilaw.com/daniel-a-klein.html
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Chicago's Top Rated Lawyers 2012, 2013, 2014, Chicago Tribune and The National Law Journal
- Ohio Board of Regents Academic Scholarship, 1983 - 1987
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Awarded to attorneys with settlements or verdicts of over 1 million dollars, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- List of the Top 5% of all Illinois' Lawyers
- Selected to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Illinois for 2011, 2012, and 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, The National Trial Lawyers
- Selected to the Top 100 Litigation lawyers in Illinois by the American Society of Legal Advocates 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Chair Qualified Arbitrator, Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program
- Ohio State University, B.A., 1987
- Illinois, 1990
- Florida, 1994
- Member, Workers' Compensation Lawyer Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- $245,000 on behalf of a plaintiff that slipped an fell on ice in a parking lot. Aggressive investigation of the recently pave parking lot after a day of rain, demonstrated that a large puddle formed in an unlevel area of the parking lot, allowing a large area of ice to form in the winter. Going the extra effort to go the scene of the occurrence on a hunch led to a large settlement on a difficult case. , 2019
- $2,375,000 on behalf of a Florida client injured while riding a motorcycle. Defendant alleged that the client was speeding and caused the collision with a left turning box truck. The client sustained a fractured him and multiple other lacerations requiring surgical repair and eventually led to a full hip replacement. The case resolved after several years of litigation through a mediation., 2022
- $600,000 on behalf of a client who sustained contested injuries from a motor vehicle collision. The client underwent an anterior cervical fusion for a contested neck injury and a arthroscopic shoulder repair. The case required a lawsuit and 2 years of litigation to resolve through mediation., 2022
- $345,000 in total on behalf of a client who sustained a cardiac contusion in a motor vehicle collision where her airbags went off. The recovery included the underlying defendant and a contested underinsured motorist claim. , 2022
- $257,000 on behalf of three women injured in a car accident. All three women had back injuries. One had to have an arthroscopic repair to a torn ligament in her knee. The insurance company refused to pay for several years of litigation. The case proceeded to a binding arbitration where the Judge awarded the verdict., 2022
- $225,000 in the settlement of a slip and fall claim that had been sitting ignored by the original attorney. Dan was able to settle the claim without having to file suit within 6 months, making the client very happy., 2022
- $100,000 on behalf of a client injured when defendant backed out of a driveway without keeping a proper lookout. Prior to filing of the lawsuit and litigating the case the insurance carrier had refused to pay the policy limits. The client had no broken bones but suffered from lumbar radiculopathy. The willingness to file suit and aggressively pursue the claim result in recovery of the full policy limits available. , 2021
- $103,000 on behalf of a client injured in a motor vehicle collision resulting in a distal radius wrist fracture. The defendant insurance company refused to pay the policy limits until suit was filed. Dan Klein refused to accept the insurance carrier's pre-suit low ball offer, resulting in recovering the full amount of insurance limits available plus medical payments coverage on behalf of the client., 2021
- $275,000 on behalf of a worker injured when an object fell from above and struck her head resulting in a closed head injury., 2021
- $275,000 on behalf of an injured work for her worker's compensation claim where the claim had been denied by the insurance carrier prior to Kurasch and Klein's representation., 2021
- $128,500 on behalf of a client who sustained injuries in 2 auto collisions only 10 days apart, making it difficult to determine which accident was responsible. Filing suit on the two accidents together in one lawsuit, resulted in a fair recovery for the client., 2021
- $85,000 on behalf of a condominium owner who was injured outside her residence as a result of the association's failure to properly maintain the sidewalk areas, resulting in a fall outside her unit. Prior to filing suit and taking several depositions demonstrating that the plaintiff had complained that the area needed repair, the association had denied and ignored the plaintiff's claim., 2020
- $100,000 on behalf of an injured airline passenger whose claim, prior to lawsuit, had been virtually ignored. Kurasch & Klein took the case and made sure that the client obtained fair compensation by filing suit and litigation the case., 2020
- $156,000 on a worker's compensation claim that had been denied, taken to hearing, appealed, until finally the defendant had lost on all levels of appeal and was forced to pay as a result of the aggressive representation of Kurasch & Klein, Ltd., 2020
- $345,000 on behalf of a client injured in the cobble stone parking lot of a hotel. Aggressive depositions of several defendant employees demonstrated that the defective cobble stone on which the plaintiff fell, was created by the defendant to cover the water sprinkler access, and was known to be loose. Prior to filing suit the defendant had denied liability., 2018
- $305,000 on behalf of an injured worker where the injured worker had been only offered less than half of the case value prior to hiring Kurasch & Klein. The client was uncertain about an offer he had received and Kurasch & Klein took the case and aggressively pursued the proper amount for full compensation under the Worker's Compensation rules., 2018
- $1.408 million pre suit settlement for car accident resulting in multiple abdominal injuries
- $2.4 million medical malpractice settlement-wrongful death, failure to diagnose subarachnoid hemmorhage, 02L 3249
- $400,000 settlement for a ruptured achilles and subsequent would dehiscence resulting in skin and muscle grafting incurred from missing a step where the change in elevation of the single step was not discernable due to the floor surfaces having the same color., 2016
- $960,000 settlement-wrongful death car accident, 04L 4761
- $200,000 settlement-medical malpractice failure to diagnose injured tendon resulting in permanent injury to middle finger
- $325,000 settlement on a worker's compensation claim where a construction accident caused a permanent disabiility. 2017, 15WC 25888
- $475,000 settlement-nursing home wrongful death case-fall down stairs, 01L 16256
- $150,000 binding arbitration verdict for dram shop action with negligence aspect resulting in facial scarring, 04L 5450
- $225,000 settlement in a premises liability case where the plaintiff fell thru cellar doors to the cement steps below and suffered comminuted fractures of her left distal tibia and fibula and a torn righ medical meniscus. The claim was located in the conservative jurisdiction of McClean County. 2018., 2018
- $394,000 Jury verdict judgment-car versus pedestrian resulting in bulging disc, knee contusion, and thumb fracture, 1994
- $125,000 settlement for slip and fall on water at private house resulting in arthroscopic shoulder repair.
- $280,000 settlement for a fall on an icy parking lot resulting in a displaced distal fibular fracture and deltoid ligament rupture in the right ankle requiring surgery. 2016. 14L 213.
- $130,000 for an injured amusement park zip line rider who suffered a fall from 20 feet resulting in fractured wrists., 2017
- $382,000 partial settlement for 2 gentlemen injured when struck by a motor vehicle. Policy limits were tendered and underinsured motorist benefits pursuit continues.
- $10 million judgment-construction accident resulting in paraplegia (also involved a $695,000 settlement with another party), 03L 2050
- $4.8 million verdict in a lawsuit regarding the purchase of 4 shopping centers
- $213,000 for an injured construction worker on a worker's compensation claim.
- $1.1 million settlement for construction accident resulting in loss of eyesight in one eye, 03L 16122
- $250,000 settlement for pedestrian knockdown case result in RSD, 98L 6602
- $200,000 for the Estate of an intoxicated gentleman crushed to death when the recycling bin in which he trespassed and sought shelter was picked up by the recycling company truck., 2016
- $623,000 settlement-construction accident fall down several stories of a scaffold resulting in multiple fractures, 99L 11394
- $165,000 settlement for a pedestrian struck in a crosswalk, 12L 2035
- $350,000 settlement in a dog bite claim on behalf of a minor plaintiff, prior to filing lawsuit. One of the largest dog bite settlements in DuPage County history. 2017
- $400,000 settlement in a fall down case resulting in knee surgery
- $325,000 settlement on a slip and fall on water resuliting in aggravation to pre-existing back injuries.
- $505,000 total recovery for a client who sustained multiple back injuries including disc dessication and chronic back pain. The recovery included $280,000 underinsured motorist recovery. 2016
- $260,000 settlement for a pedestrian fall case resulting in neck and leg injuries, 07L 12730
- $200,000 settlement in workers compensation case for ankle injury resulting in permanent injury and wage differential for future.
- $1.65 million medical malpractice settlement-wrongful death month after gastric bypass, 03L 2375
- $235,000 for a woman injured at work when she fell on hydraulic fluid from a forklift. Case remains pending against additional defendants.
- $1.375 million settlement for semi tractor trailer accident resulting in spinal fusion, 07L 13883, 02L 3511
- $1.75 million product liability settlement-defective contact lens solution resulting in multiple cataract surgeries and diminished eye sight
- $950,000 for an injured worker who lost his thumb, index, and middle finger in a machine accident resulting in a product liability lawsuit., 2016
- $740,000 settlement-medical malpractice wrongful death case for death of 17 month old from failure to diagnose in an Emergency Room, 07L 3273
- $180,000.00 worker's compensation settlement involving a torn triceps tendon for a baggage handler at O'Hare International Airport, 02L 13828
- $185,000 settlement prior to lawsuit, for a senior pedestrian who suffered a fractured left tibial plateau and inferior & superior pubic ramus when struck by a car. 2017
- $460,000 settlement-semi tractor trailer collision resulting in cervical fusion
- $141,576 worker's compensation settlement for a back injury to a furniture maker, 08WC 33019
- $675,000 total recovery in the wrongful death of the client in the E2 nightclub tragedy. Decedent was one of 21 people who died, and over 100 injured, as a result of crushing injuries and suffocation during the rush to the exit from the club in February 2003. Due to the criminal case, appeals, number of parties, the case was litigated for 13 years. 2016, 03 L 3036
- $325,000 settlement for fall down on 2 step exit to restaurant resulting in shoulder surgery, 03L 10497
- $225,000 settlement for driver run off the road in icy conditions resulting in back injury requiring injections and long course of physical therapy.
- $1.65 million medical malpractice settlement- failure to diagnose and properly treat back injury resulted in spinal injury and permanent leg weakness
- $250,000 for a woman injured in a fall entering work where the entryway was flooded, causing aggravation of pre-existing conditions in her back.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Workers Compensation Lawyers Association
Office location for Daniel A. Klein
100 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2007, 2009 - 2023