Daniel J. Pylman
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Chicago, IllinoisCirignani, Heller & Harman, LLP
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2009
Daniel J. Pylman is an attorney at Cirignani Heller & Harman, LLP, in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Pylman handles medical malpractice cases and serves clients throughout the Chicagoland area. He has been licensed to practice law since 2009 and works with matters involving anesthesia injuries, birth injuries, brain injuries, hospital mistakes, medication errors, misdiagnosis, nursing home abuse, paralysis injuries, spinal cord injuries, stroke complications and wrongful death.
Mr. Pylman is a summa cum laude graduate of Wheaton College, where he earned bachelor’s degrees in history and theological studies. He received his law degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law and is licensed before all Illinois state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois.
Before representing plaintiffs in medical malpractice actions, Mr. Pylman litigated medical malpractice matters from the defense side. This experience made him aware of the struggles medical malpractice victims face when seeking compensation for their injuries, influencing his decision to switch to advocating on behalf of plaintiffs.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Pylman and the attorneys at Cirignani Heller & Harman, LLP have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for their clients. They are skilled negotiators but willing to litigate when necessary.
Mr. Pylman is an active member of his legal community and belongs to various professional organizations. He is a member of The Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent
- 100% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.chhlaw.com/attorneys/daniel-j-pylman/
- Wheaton College, B.A., summa cum laude, Major: History, Theological Studies, 2006
- American Association for Justice
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- $5 million settlement for a young woman who underwent a radiofrequency ablation procedure which resulted in a perforated colon and permanent colon dysfunction., 2021
- $750,000 settlement for a 69 year old man who suffered an intraoperative femoral fracture during a total knee replacement which was not diagnosed, ultimately leading to fracture displacement, fracture malunion, and a leg length discrepancy, 2021
- $550,000 settlement due to a chiropractor's failure to recognize signs and symptoms of cauda equina syndrome and failure to refer the patient to an emergency room, 2021
- $3 million settlement for surgical errors, leading to death of 74 year old woman, 2019
- $1 million settlement for negligent management of diabetes, leading to death, 2019
- $1.5 million settlement for failure to diagnose acute chest syndrome in sickle cell patient, leading to death, 2019
- $1.75 million settlement for failure to diagnose pulmonary embolism, 2019
- $475,000 settlement for injuring patient's leg during transfer, 2018
- $1 million settlement for surgical error leading to the death of 80 year old woman, 2018
Office location for Daniel J. Pylman
150 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2023