David C. Wise
Top rated Products Liability attorney in Chicago, IllinoisWise Law Offices LLC
Attorney David C. Wise is a founding member of the Wise Law Offices LLC law firm in Chicago. Recognized as one of the nation's top trial attorneys, Mr. Wise devotes his practice to advocating on behalf of those who suffered an injury or loss caused by another party's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his 25-year legal career, Mr. Wise has achieved notable success handling complex, high-stakes litigation for a wide range of clients. He has successfully tried over 200 cases and obtained more than $200 million in verdicts and settlements for those throughout the state dealing with legal challenges involving motor vehicle accidents, railroad and plane accidents, construction and workplace accidents, defective products and other similar claims.
Of note, he helped secure settlements and awards in excess of $24 million on behalf of families whose loved ones were injured or killed in an airline accident. He has obtained several settlements and verdicts of more than $5 million each for clients and their families in cases involving construction work site accidents, trucking accidents and other preventable tragedies.
A graduate of the University of Illinois, Mr. Wise attended The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1993. That same year, the Illinois State Bar Association admitted him to practice. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Mr. Wise's devotion to his practice is evident in his memberships with numerous local, state and national bar associations, including the American Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and The Chicago Bar Association. He also conducts continuing legal education seminars and lectures for various professional legal organizations throughout the state.
He is a member of Leading Lawyers, and he holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 70% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1993, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.wisemorrissey.com/attorneys/david-c-wise/
- AV is the Highest Rating Possible and is given to Less than 5% of Practicing Lawyers
- Illinois Super Lawyers (personal injury plaintiffs, product liability and general)
- IllinoisLeading Lawyers Network (Aviation Law, General Personal Injury Law, Personal Injury Transportation Law)
- AV Rated by Peer review through Martindale Hubbell
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin's "40 Under 40" Illinois Attorneys to watch for his accomplishments as a Litigator
- Lecat v. Wilmette School District 39
- Pickett v. General Motors
- Tinney v. The Fitness Experience
- Parker v. American Airlines
- Yamashiro v. Harmony Nursing Home
- Stellato v. American Airlines
- Wojtecki v. Wegman Construction
- Mezydlo v. Filip Metal
- Bowen v. Smykal & Assoc., et al
- Ginzel v. Kolcraft
- Munoz v. Mayfield
- Kennedy v. Nissan
- Farmer v. Turner Construction, et al.
- Bolin v. Schroeder
- Bartos v. Gallant
- Lewis v. American Airlines
- Kubicek v. Central Intermodal
- Norris v. Cessna
- Livingston v. Lotus Consulting Services, Inc.
- Abrogast v. Illinois Central Railroad
- Arkebauer v. Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Griffin v. Commonwealth Edison
- Budrik v. R.C. Wegman Construction Company
- Robak v. Citgo Petroleum Company
- McLenighan v. MC Sports
- Peters v. American Airlines
- Keeney v. Morris Tice, et al.
- Johnson v. American Airlines
- Owens v. Rochford
- Booth v. Nieman Marcus
- Kandemir v. LePetre
- Pennington v. Tech Sales, Inc.
- University of Illinois, B.A.
- American Association for Justice
- Chicago Bar Association
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois, 1993
Office location for David C. Wise
161 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60601
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2024