David M. Stein is the founder and partner of this boutique matrimonial firm established in 1989. He has acquired nearly forty years of experience providing guidance to high net worth clients and handling extremely sensitive and complex financial and custody cases. He represents individuals in all aspects of divorce litigation, including valuation, disposition of substantial business interests, maintenance, child support, and child-related matters involving decision making and parenting time. Mr. Stein has represented doctors, lawyers, and business owners from some of the most prestigious families in Chicago and has developed customized strategies to address each client’s unique set of circumstances with the goal of maximizing financial results and protection of his client’s interests. There is no fact pattern too complicated to be handled by Mr. Stein. Each case is uniquely managed with professionalism, expertise, attention to detail and responsiveness. Mr. Stein has lectured on family law topics to organizations including the IICLE, Illinois State Bar Association and the America Board of Vocational Experts on the subject of vocational experts in matrimonial litigation. He is a graduate of Tulane University and DePaul University College of Law.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1983, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.stein2.com/attorneys/david-m-stein/
- Co-author of “Discovery.” Illinois Family Law: Preliminary Considerations in Dissolution Actions. Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE), 1998-2015 revised edition.
- Illinois State Bar
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- DePaul University College of Law, JD, 1983
- Tulane University, BA in Political Science, 1980
Office location for David M. Stein
30 N. LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2011 - 2020