Top rated personal injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisCaras Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Civil litigation, Employment & labor; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1985
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Greek, Russian, Spanish
Caras Law Group, P.C.320 W. Illinois
Chicago, IL 60654 Visit website
Attorney Dean Caras is the founder of Caras Law Group in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Caras handles personal injury cases involving catastrophic injury, medical malpractice, railroad injuries, workers’ compensation, sexual assault, whistleblower loss of employment cases, and other issues, serving clients throughout the Chicago metropolitan area.
Practicing law for over 36 years, Mr. Caras has successfully obtained major settlements and verdicts on behalf of the injured, wrongfully mistreated, and their families. In addition to personal injury law, he also practices in the area of civil rights litigation. Mr. Caras has successfully represented clients in over 200 jury trials during his career and has obtained more than 150 million dollars on behalf of his clients. Mr. Caras and the lawyers in his firm are experienced and comfortable in conducting jury trials and find that their attention to detail and zealous advocacy make the difference.
In honor of his accomplishments, The National Trial Lawyers named Mr. Caras one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers.” Additionally, the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys designated him among the Top 10 Attorneys.
Mr. Caras recognizes that the story of every person who has been injured or wronged deserves the chance to be heard by a jury in their search for justice, and he invites those who have been injured or whose rights have been violated to contact him so that he can investigate their case and hopefully fight for them as he has done for so many other people in the last 36 years.
Mr. Caras holds a license to practice law before all Illinois and New York state courts. He is also qualified to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Caras takes particular pride in assisting employees who have been terminated in retaliation of their reporting their employers’ illegal activity to government agencies. Under the Illinois Whistleblower Act, an employer may not retaliate against an employee for disclosing information about the employer’s violations of the law to the government. If you have been retaliated against in the workplace for refusing to engage in illegal activity, Mr. Caras invites you to contact him as you may be eligible for compensation.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Employment law - employee, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1985, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.deancaras.com/attorneys/
- Wrongful death failure to provide adequate security 7 million
- Surgery center malpractice quadriplegia 5.2 million
- Civil rights malicious prosecution 2.3 million
- State record 1.6 million verdict for retaliatory discharge firing
- Medical malpractice paramedics arrive with empty oxygen tank 1.5 million
- Medical malpractice failure to diagnose sepsis wrongful death 1 million
- Truck accident wrongful death 1 million
- Car accident wrongful death 1 million
- Railroad injury HAZMAT chemical leak wrongful death 1 million
- Medical malpractice perforated small bowel wrongful death 1 million
- Senior client administered medication illegally by home care aide causing stroke and quadriplegia $900,000
- Sexual assault in mental ward of hospital $900,000
- Female mental health patient raped in mental ward $800,000
- Sexual assault of minor patient in mental ward of hospital $800,000
- Work injury fractured ankle with surgery $800,000
- Medical malpractice loss of sight in one eye $700,000
- Client fell at McDonald's, suffered torn rotator cuff $600,000
- Railroad injury torn rotator cuff $525,000
- Female rehab patient raped in drug treatment facility $500,000
- Patient's medical records stolen and posted on Facebook $300,000
- American University, B.A., International Studies, 1982
- Member, Super Lawyers - Chicago, 2007
- New York, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Court of Illinois, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2000
- Illinois Bar, 1985
- U.S. District Court, South District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Office location for Dean Caras
320 W. Illinois
Chicago, IL 60654
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2021 - 2023