Dennis A. Dressler
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Chicago, IllinoisDressler & Peters LLC
Dennis A. Dressler is a Chicago, Illinois, based business law attorney with over 20 years of experience. He is a partner at the law firm of Dressler & Peters, LLC, and represents individuals and businesses in the Chicagoland metropolitan area, throughout the state of Illinois and on a nationwide basis.
Mr. Dressler helps clients in many different industries with their business and transactional needs. Over the course of his career, he has successfully litigated complex matters involving bankruptcy, commercial real estate, corporate finance, equipment leasing, financial services, restructuring and transportation.
Highly experienced with commercial litigation, Mr. Dressler has secured major verdicts on behalf of his clients and defended them against potential liability. He has also handled complex bankruptcies in several states. In addition to his role as a private attorney, he serves as national counsel for several business organizations.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Missouri State University, Mr. Dressler graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Illinois and Missouri state courts, several federal courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Recognizing the value of professional education, Mr. Dressler regularly lectures for legal groups and trade associations. He maintains his knowledge by authoring articles for trade publications and participating in various conferences, seminars and professional organizations. Outside of his law practice, he is enthusiastic about giving back to his community. He regularly engages in pro bono efforts on behalf of families with disabled children.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Business/Corporate, Real Estate: Consumer
- 40% Business Litigation
- 30% Business/Corporate
- 30% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 1997, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.dresslerpeters.com/professionals/dennis-a-dressl...
- Missouri Bar Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association, Mortgage Fraud Sub-Committee
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Mortgage Bankers Association
- Missouri Bankers Association
- Illinois Bankers Association
- Board of Directors, National Equipment Financing Association
- Equipment Leasing and Financing Association
- National Equipment Finance Association (Board and Executive Committee Member)
- National Aircraft Finance Association
- Board of Editors, Law Journal Newsletter- Equipment Leasing
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (including the Trial Bar)
- Abilities First
- Art Inspired
- The Bradley Cameron Association (Social Activities for Young Adults with Disabilities)
- Nominated “Rising Star Super Lawyer” in Law & Politics Magazine (2008-2009)
- Missouri State University, B.A.
- Article describes the interplay between the Uniform Commercial Code, FAA regulations and the Bankruptcy Code in cases involving Aircraft. The article analyzes current legal concerns and recommends practical based solutions to issues that arise in these types of cases, Author, Practical Considerations for Lenders in Recovering Aircraft from Defaulting Customers, Legal Line - NEFA, Equipment Financing, 2010
- When specialty equipment such as aircraft, printing presses, speciality manufacturing equipment is damaged, the fact that the equipment was damaged diminishes its value even if the equipment is repaired correctly. The article examines whether a lender can recover for the diminution in value over and above the cost of repair, Author, Damaged Goods - Can a lender recover more than just the cost of repair, Legal Line - NEFA, Equipment Financing, 2011
Office location for Dennis A. Dressler
70 W. Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60654
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2009