Edward G. Willer
Top rated personal injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisCorboy & Demetrio
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Products liability; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1973
Education: DePaul University College of Law
Corboy & Demetrio33 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60602 Visit website
Edward G. Willer is a Chicago personal injury lawyer and represents individuals and their families in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases in the areas of construction negligence, product liability, premises liability, and vehicular negligence.
As a partner at Corboy & Demetrio, Mr. Willer has obtained numerous multi-million settlements and verdicts. His many accomplishments include a $7.5 million settlement he obtained in a federal court case for the family of a laborer who fell off of a balcony and eventually died. In another case, Mr. Willer obtained a $7.6 million verdict, after a fourteen day jury trial, awarded to his client for injuries he suffered as a result of a construction site accident. In a case that he successfully argued before the Illinois Appellate and Supreme Courts, Mr. Willer secured a $6 million settlement for the death of a worker in an oil refinery explosion. Mr. Willer obtained a $4.5 million construction site wrongful death settlement for the family of a union laborer who was killed when crushed by a backhoe truck. In a strict product liability action, a Morris maintenance technician received a $5 million settlement for injuries he suffered on the job when he was caught between an automated guided vehicle and a stationary rack. In a vehicular action, Mr. Willer obtained a $4.75 million settlement on behalf of a young woman who was seriously injured when her car was broadsided by an ambulance as she drove home from work. At the time of the collision, the ambulance driver was inappropriately using the siren and ambulance lights for a non-emergency patient.
Mr. Willer joined the Chicago law firm of Corboy & Demetrio in 1994 after having practiced with the preeminent law firm of Leonard M. Ring & Associates. He graduated in 1973 from DePaul University College of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review and the International Moot Court Team.
Since 2013, Mr. Willer has been selected to Illinois Super Lawyers in the area of personal injury litigation. Since 2021, he has been selected to Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers. He also has an AV rating - the highest possible rating for any lawyer - from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Mr. Willer was selected to The Best Lawyers in America, 2022 Edition, in the area of Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs.
A member of many legal and civic organizations, Mr. Willer has served for several years on the Circuit Court Committee of the Chicago Bar Association and is also a member on the Product Liability Committee of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
Read more about Corboy & Demetrio:
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1973, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.corboydemetrio.com/attorneys-edward-willer
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Committee on Product General Liability and Consumer Law, Section on Tort and Insurance Practice, 1989-1990
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Committee on Product General Liability and Consumer Law, Vice Chair
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1992
- Chicago Bar Association, Civil Practice Committee, 1991-present
- Chicago Bar Association, Circuit Court Committee, 1990-present
- Society of Trial Lawyers, 2013-present
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America), 1973-Present; AAJ Stalwarts Committee (1999-Present), AAJ Hall of Fame Committee (2000-Present)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1973
- Illinois, 1973
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1973-Present
- American Bar Association, 1973-Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 1973-Present; ITLA Product Liability Committee (1998-Present)
- Chicago Bar Association, 1973-Present
- Knights of Columbus, Registered Agent, Charities, Inc.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1973, 1973
- DePaul University, B.A., 1970, 1970
- What Would Leonard Say?, Author, Leonard Ring's Legacy After 22 Years, Chicago Law Bulletin, 2016
- Annual Convention, Speaker, Precautionary Measures to Take When You Expect a Difficult Deposition, American Association for Justice Stalwarts Program, 2018
- Do-it-yourself Demonstrative Evidence, Author, Powerful Persuasion, Trial Magazine, 2006
- Update and Review Seminar, Speaker, Product Liability, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2000
- Update and Review Seminar, Speaker, Product Liability, Illinois State Bar Association, 2002
- KTLA Seminar, Speaker, The Effective Use of Technology, Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2005
- The Use of Standard, Off the Shelf Products to Impress Jurors and Win Cases, Speaker, High Impact, Low Cost - The Effective Use of In-House Technology to Prepare and Present Your Case, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2005
- Annual Convention, Speaker, Mandatory v. Court-Ordered Mediation, American Association for Justice Stalwarts Program, 2017
- View recent videos from the attorneys of Corboy & Demetrio., Corboy & Demetrio Video Library, 2020
- Obtained a settlement of $6.57 million for a machine operator whose leg was mangled by an unguarded coil slitting machine that was designed and manufactured by Chicago Slitter Company(CSC). The lawsuit alleged that CSC negligently designed and manufactured the coil slitter machine, which allowed operators to be exposed to unguarded pinch point areas., 2022
- Obtained a settlement of $10,150,000 in 2022 on behalf of the Estate of a young mother who was riding her bicycle in 2018 in Chicago when she was struck by a truck and killed. , 2022
- Obtained a settlement of $10 million on behalf of a Local 502 Cement Mason Finisher who was injured while working at the Metropolitan Water District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) plant in Chicago. Jeffrey Andrews, then 50, sustained significant orthopedic injuries and head injuries while he was attempting to transition from one job-made wooden ladder onto a fiberglass extension ladder., 2021
- Obtained a settlement of $2.5 million for the family of a 70-year-old woman who died in a 2016 electrical fire in her Ottawa townhome. Read more., 2019
- Obtained a $7.5 million settlement on behalf of the family of an electrician who was installing lighting on a balcony at an apartment complex in Bellwood, Illinois, and fell to his death after another worker left the guardrail unsecured. Read more., 2017
- Obtained a $6 Million Settlement in the death of worker in a Clark Oil refinery fire.
- Obtained a $4.5 million settlement in the construction site death of a 21-year-old laborer who was digging a trench and was crushed to death after he was hit by a combination backhoe/end loader truck operated by another worker., 2009
- Obtained $5.1 million for a college student who was injured by a car that slid on ice from a broken water main that the City of Chicago failed to maintain., 2014
- Obtained $7.3 million for family of Con-Ed worker who was killed in a manhole explosion and fire., 2013
- , Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2023
- Edward Willer was selected to The Best Lawyers in America, 2022 Edition in the area of Personal Injury - Plaintiffs., The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 2022
- , Illinois Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2022
- Edward Willer was selected to Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in 2021., Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers, Lawdragon, 2021
- Illinois Leading Lawyers
- Illinois Super Lawyer, 2013-Present
- Appointed to State of Illinois Supreme Court Character and Fitness Committee, 2012-Present
Office location for Edward G. Willer
33 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023