Elissa J. Hobfoll
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Chicago, IllinoisHerschman Levison Hobfoll PLLC
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation, Employment & Labor; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2005
Attorney Elissa J. Hobfoll is a partner with Herschman Levison Hobfoll PLLC law firm in Chicago, Illinois. A top-ranked lawyer with more than 15 years of total legal experience, Ms. Hobfoll focuses her practice exclusively on employment law, and she provides invaluable advocacy and support to clients throughout the greater Chicagoland area who have suffered serious violations of their rights on the job.
Over the course of her practice representing individual clients as well as collective and class action claims, Ms. Hobfoll has achieved significant success securing much-needed restitution for those who experienced discrimination, harassment, whistleblower retaliation and other work-related grievances. From her efforts, she has obtained millions of dollars in total compensation for her plaintiff clients, and she routinely counsels businesses of all sizes in a variety of industries with their employment law matters.
Drawing upon her extensive legal knowledge and experience, Ms. Hobfoll has several publications to her credit, and she has conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics. She has considerable experience handling matters before federal, state and administrative courts throughout her region, and she has gained a reputation as a fierce and tireless advocate for her clients.
A graduate of DePaul University and the University of Oregon, Ms. Hobfoll began her legal career in 2005 after obtaining her Juris Doctor from the Illinois Institute of Technology's Chicago-Kent College of Law and her license to practice from the Illinois State Bar Association. The recipient of the Equal Justice Fellowship grant in law school, she worked as a student attorney with the Law Offices of Chicago-Kent: Employment and Civil Rights Clinic, and she completed an externship with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's Litigation Department.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Employment & Labor: Employee, Employment & Labor: Employer
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Employment Law - Employer, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 30% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 40% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30% Employment & Labor: Employer
First Admitted: 2005, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.hlhlawyers.com/elissa-j-hobfoll
- Conducting and Defending Depositions in Employment Law Cases, ISBA (2019)
- The Cat’s Paw Theory After Staub, DCBA (2011)
- Legal Issues in Social Media and Electronic Communications in the Workplace, DCBA (2012)
- Evaluating Your Case for Settlement, NELA-IL, 7th Circuit Conference (February 2015)
- What I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting Out as an Employment Law Attorney, NELA (June 2016)
- ABA Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Midwinter Report, contributing author, ABA (2015-2020)
- Hot Topics in Employment Law for Small Businesses, LEVEL Co-Working (2017 & 2018)
- Navigating the Mandatory Initial Discovery Pilot Program, CBA (2018)
Office location for Elissa J. Hobfoll
401 S. LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60605
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024