Frances H. Krasnow
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Chicago, IL
As partner at Harrison & Held, LLP, Frances H. Krasnow represents clients in the Chicago, Illinois, metropolitan area. Her focus is on family law matters, including the following: prenuptial agreements, child support, child custody and divorce. With over 35 years of experience, she has extensive knowledge in additional complex family law matters such as post-decree matters, maintenance issues, asset identification and allocation, and marital dissolutions.
Ms. Krasnow is admitted to practice in the state of Illinois and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. In the area of family law, she has been included as one of the Best Lawyers in America and one of the Top 50 Women Consumer Lawyers in Illinois. She was given the American Friends of the Hebrew University’s Leaders of Distinction Award and the Anti-Defamation League’s Women of Achievement Award, and for her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating with distinction from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Arts, Ms. Krasnow then attended Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law. There she graduated with her Juris Doctor and was given a Medal for Excellence in Advocacy by the American College of Trial Lawyers.
A member of the Chicago Council of Lawyers, Ms. Krasnow is also a member of the American Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association. During her career, she has given presentations on family law matters to the National Business Institute, the DuPage County Bar Association and the Greater North Shore Estate and Financial Planning Council.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Frances H. Krasnow
First Admitted: 1978, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.harrisonheld.com/professionals/frances-h-krasnow...
- Modifying and Defending Pre-Decree and Post-Decree Parenting Allocation Judgments (NBI)
- Spousal Support (NBI)
- Ethical Considerations in Divorce (NBI)
- The Influence of Electronic Communications and Social Media (DuPage County Bar Association)
- Ethical Issues in Family Law (NBI)
- Issues Arising Under Section 513 (IICLE)
- Ethical Issues in Family Law (NBI)
- Considerations on Contempt (NBI)
- Advanced Spousal Support and Section 513 Issue (NBI)
- Divorce Case Intake and Pre-Litigation Tactics (NBI)
- Ethical Dilemmas in Family Law (Multiple presentations, NBI)
- Clarifying the Confusion on Contempt (NBI)
- Common and Not so Common Family Law Issues and Answers (NBI)
- Planning for When Happier Ever After Ends Sooner Than Expected (Greater North Shore Estate and Financial Planning Council)
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (Family Law) 2008 - present; Rated AV - Preeminent for more than 25 consecutive years; Top 100 Women Attorneys in Illinois (2014); Top Women Consumer Lawyers in Illinois, 2009; AFHU Leaders of Distinction Award (2013); ADL Woman of Achievement Award, 2006
- Chicago Bar Association
- Federal Trial Bar
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Council of Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- University of Michigan, A.B. with High Distinction, James B. Angell Scholar, 1973
- AFHU Leader of Distinction Award (2013); ADL Woman of Achievement Award (2006)
- , Illinois Super Lawyers
- , Top 50 Women Consumer Lawyers in Illinois
- Leading Lawyers' Network
- Lowden-Wigmore Prize; American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellence in Advocacy; University of Michigan, BA with High Distinction; Phi Beta Kappa, North Western University School of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Appleseed Foundation, Director; Anti-Defamation League, Director; Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, Director; Hillels of Illinois, Director; Lake Forest Bank & Trust Co, Director.
Last Updated: 7/2/2021