Francis P. (Frank) Morrissey
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Chicago, IL
As a named partner with the law firm of Wise Morrissey, LLC in Chicago, attorney Francis P. (Frank) Morrissey has earned a reputation as one of the country's most effective and successful trial lawyers. Focusing primarily on personal injury and medical malpractice claims, Mr. Morrissey has successfully advocated on behalf of those adversely affected by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, and he has helped secure numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and awards for his plaintiff clients across the United States.
Along with maintaining a successful trial practice, Mr. Morrissey is also a highly effective mediator and arbitrator, and he has extensive experience resolving complex, high-stakes conflicts both inside and outside the courtroom. In addition to handling personal injury and medical malpractice claims, Mr. Morrissey represents commercial clients with litigation matters involving all types of business disputes.
Among his most notable achievements, Mr. Morrissey helped secure verdicts of more than $9 million and $5 million for patients who experienced serious complications following their gastric bypass surgeries, and he has obtained settlements and awards well in excess of $1 million for other medical malpractice victims. Moreover, Mr. Morrissey has represented the rights of a number of patients in class actions against a major orthopedics manufacturer for cases involving defective hip implants, as well as other class actions involving pharmaceutical-related claims.
A 1990 graduate of the College of the Holy Cross in Massachusetts, Mr. Morrissey attended Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 1993 and received his license to practice that same year from the Illinois State Bar Association. He is also admitted to practice before all of the U.S. District Courts in Illinois as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Fully devoted to his practice, Mr. Morrissey is actively involved in several professional legal organizations, and he has received numerous awards and honors for his professionalism and service, including recognition as one of Illinois' Leading Lawyers for personal injury law and medical malpractice.
About Francis P. (Frank) Morrissey
First Admitted: 1993, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.wisemorrissey.com/attorneys/francis-p-frank-morr...
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- College of the Holy Cross, Massachusetts, B.A.,1990
- Contributing author, Chapter 10 (“Fact Discovery”), Medical Malpractice 2011 Edition and 2013 Supplement, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE®)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers
- Society of Trial Lawyers
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- What causes tire damage? https://t.co/mn1iV9AqG4 https://t.co/uy3JXputKU
- The legal troubles of a misdiagnosis https://t.co/XWz98k3PgY https://t.co/nUMTn44uTy
- Gathering evidence to win your truck accident claim https://t.co/pJV4rRRoOv https://t.co/sCyJTDbZzk
- 5 machine guarding mistakes to look out for in Illinois https://t.co/keYrIQVdhl https://t.co/oSHoMPUrV8
- How common are wrongful deaths from car accidents? https://t.co/hhrHuvJQ2t https://t.co/2jbF7C6lZs
Last Updated: 5/15/2022