Top rated criminal defense attorney in Chicago, IllinoisPissetzky Law LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, White collar crimes, Cannabis law; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2000
Education: The John Marshall Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Hebrew, Polish, Spanish
Gal Pissetzky, a founding partner at Pissetzky Law LLC, located in Chicago, Illinois, is a respected criminal defense attorney with over 20 years of experience. Over the course of his successful legal career, Mr. Pissestzky has litigated hundreds of cases in Federal and State courts around the country. He has vast experience defending those accused of both state and federal crimes such as drug crimes, violent crimes, murder, sex offenses, white dollar crimes and other serious felony criminal offenses. Mr. Pissetzky also argued appeals before the Illinois Supreme Court, and Federal and Illinois Appellate Courts.
Mr. Pissetzky and his team of experienced lawyers speaks English, Polish, and Spanish, allowing them to serve a diverse range of clients. He has been involved in many high profile cases, which has resulted in recognition by groups, including the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Pissetzky’s work on behalf of clients has also resulted in his cases appearing in various news articles, and appearances as a legal consultant for a variety of television programs.
An active member of the Chicago legal community, Mr. Pissetzky is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association. He also belongs to the American Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Pissetzky holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois, where he graduated with honors. He later graduated cum laude from the John Marshall Law School. Following law school, he acquired legal experience working as an assistant state’s attorney for the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office and spent four years as a partner at a private Chicago based firm before founding Pissetzky & Berliner, LLC. He has been admitted to practice law in Illinois since 2000.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Cannabis law
Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Felony, Murder, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 60% Criminal defense
- 30% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% Cannabis law
First Admitted: 2000, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.pissetzkylaw.com/about/attorneys/gal-pissetzky/
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- , 10 Best - Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- , 10 Best - client satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- , 10 Best Law Firms, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Rising Star Super Lawyer™, 2011
- Honors University of Illinois, Chicago, 1997
- University of Illinois, B.A., Criminal Law and Political Science , 1997
- Member, The Illinois State Bar Association
- Life Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association
Office location for Gal Pissetzky
35 East Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60601
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012