Gerald J. Bekkerman
Top rated personal injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisTaxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2007
Languages Spoken: English, Russian, Spanish
Gerald J. Bekkerman is a personal injury attorney at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Bekkerman has over a decade of experience representing injury victims throughout the Chicago area. He handles cases involving catastrophic injury, motor vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, construction accidents, dog bites, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, premises liability, product liability, trucking accidents, workplace accidents and other issues.
Mr. Bekkerman has secured large sums through settlements and verdicts for numerous clients over his career. His success has earned him lifetime membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Known for his knowledge and experience in the field of personal injury law, he regularly speaks at seminars and educational institutions.
Recognizing his accomplishments, the organization National Trial Lawyers included Mr. Bekkerman on its “Top 40 Under 40” list and Chicago Daily Law Bulletin named him on its “Top 40 Under 40” list. He was named an “Illinois Emerging Lawyer” by Law Bulletin Media from 2016-2018.
Mr. Bekkerman is active in the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He serves on the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Board of Managers and the Advisory Board of the Active Transportation Alliance.
Mr. Bekkerman received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and earned his law degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law. He holds licenses to practice law before all Illinois and Wisconsin state courts, federal courts within each state and the Illinois Supreme Court.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Personal injury - defense
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2007, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.tpmblegal.com/gerald-bekkerman/
- “Addressing and Overcoming Weaknesses with Your Client’s Damages,” Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Damages Seminar, Oak Brook, IL, March 31, 2017
- “Ethics and the Use of Social Media During Trial,” Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Damages Seminar, Oak Brook, IL, March 23, 2018
- Active Transportation Alliance, Board Member
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- American Association of Justice
- Board of Managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Lifetime Member Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2011-2018
- The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40
- 2018 Chicago Daily Law Bulleting 40 Under 40
- Illinois Emerging Lawyer, 2016-2018
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, B.A. – 2000
Office location for Gerald J. Bekkerman
225 W Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2021