Gregory J. Jordan
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Chicago, IllinoisJordan & Zito LLC
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Business & Corporate, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1991
Education: Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Jordan & Zito LLC350 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654 Visit website
Gregory J. Jordan handles complex business bankruptcy matters at the law firm of Jordan & Zito. His experience includes loan enforcement, creditor bankruptcy representation, creditors’ rights and financial restructuring for businesses. His clients have included banks, retail stores and other high-profile entities. Most of Mr. Jordan’s practice is devoted to litigation, although he is proficient in resolving disputes outside of court through alternative dispute resolution means when possible. He accepts clients throughout the Chicago, Illinois, metropolitan area.
Mr. Jordan earned his Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Notre Dame in 1981, majoring in finance and earning a place on the dean’s list. He went on to obtain his Juris Doctor in 1984 from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Today, he is admitted to practice law in Illinois and Indiana, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois; the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana; the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan; the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin; the U.S. Supreme Court; the U.S. Tax Court; and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
His dedication to the highest legal standards has earned Mr. Jordan the respect of the legal community. He is rated AV Preeminent* with Martindale-Hubbell and was a recipient of the Indiana University Maurer School of Law Distinguished Service Award.
Mr. Jordan is an active member of the American Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, The Chicago Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America. He also contributes pro bono work with the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
This law firm is a debt relief agency that helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Business, Business/Corporate, Business Litigation
Bankruptcy Law, Contracts, Credit Repair
- 40% Bankruptcy: Business
- 40% Business/Corporate
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1984, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.jz-llc.com/attorney/jordan-gregory-j/
- Civitas Bank
- Pinnacle Bank
- Amerus Bank
- Colclasure, Inc./Colclasure Builders, Inc.
- Doc's Drugs Stores
- W.L. Engler Distributing, Inc.
- Renaissance Ventures, LLC
- LaSalle Portfolio Management
- Network Trucking
- Jay-Mar Leasing Corp
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Finance, Honors: Dean's List, 1977, 1981
- Indiana, 1984
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Commercial Law League
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Trustee, Village of Clarendon Hills, Illinois, 2015 - Present
- Member, Village of Clarendon Hills, Illinois Plan Commission and Zoning Board, 1994 - 1998
- Chairman, Village of Clarendon Hills, Illinois Plan Commission and Zoning Board, 1998 - 2015
- Member, Indiana University School of Law Alumni Board
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, 1995 - Present
- President (Emeritus), Alumni Board, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Former Chairman, Village of Clarendon Hills Community Caucus
- Former Member, Notre Dame Parish Finance and Administration Committee
- Indiana University School of Law Volunteer of the Year, Indiana University School of Law - Bloomington, 2007
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
- Recipient Distinguished Service Award, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2014
Office location for Gregory J. Jordan
350 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2022 - 2023