James A. Erwin
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Chicago, IL
James A. Erwin, the founding partner of Erwin Law provides distinguished legal services to the Chicago community in the areas of real estate, business, estate planning and bankruptcy. With a specific focus on real estate and entrepreneurial business, Mr. Erwin’s clients include those involved with both commercial and residential real estate development, investment and management, as well as those who are contemplating the start of new ventures.
After earning a B.A. in business administration in 1989 from Lake Forest College in Illinois, Mr. Erwin attended DePaul University College of Law in Chicago. Subsequent to being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1992, he attended Chicago-Kent College of Law and was awarded a Master of Law degree in taxation in 1996. Mr. Erwin was admitted to practice in Illinois in 1992, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court as well as the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of numerous local, state and national bar associations.
Mr. Erwin brings a very client-centric approach to his practice. In addition to his deep commitment and passion to win each case he undertakes, he believes clients should understand the reasoning and actions taken on their behalf. Mr. Erwin takes the time to get to know his clients, which allows him to better understand their needs and ultimately provide a better and more complete service.
Believing in the importance of giving back, Mr. Erwin is involved in numerous philanthropic endeavors in his community. Included among these are the Lane Tech 2nd Century Foundation, the Merit School of Music and Welles Park (Chicago) Little League Baseball.
- 40%Real Estate: Business
- 20%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Bankruptcy: Business
Condominiums & Cooperatives, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance, Contracts, Business Organizations, Estate Planning, Living Wills, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Bankruptcy Law, Credit Repair
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About James A. Erwin
First Admitted: 1992, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://erwinlawfirm.com/attorneys/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Welles Park (Chicago) Little League Baseball
- Merit School of Music
- Lane Tech 2nd Century Foundation
- Masters in Tax Law (LL.M.) at Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1996
- Lake Forest College in 1989 with a B.A. in Business Administration
- United States Supreme Court, 1997
- Bar of the United States Tax Court, 1996
- Illinois, 1992
- Happy to Sponsor tomorrow’s "Business After Hours" Networking Event,. LPCC Member tickets are $30, and will be avai… https://t.co/KnL9SWrG28
- @NBOACHICAGO1 This will only be exacerbated by the continuing efforts by certain legislators to pass measures like… https://t.co/J4t4vqMibp
- Ho-Ho-Oh-No — If your holiday lights have stopped working, bring them by and we’ll make sure they get recycled! https://t.co/CAd6ah2WwL
- Erwin Law is looking for new teammates! Two opportunities to join an established firm, offering flexibility and … https://t.co/lSyo40hDuT
- https://t.co/eynt1z9AkG Erwin Law running to raise funds for Common Pantry. Contribute to the fight against food insecurity.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022