James A. Karamanis
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Chicago, IL
From the time more than 25 years ago when he was admitted to practice law in Illinois, James A. Karamanis has been serving injured clients in Chicago, Illinois, and throughout Cook County. A partner at Karamanis Law Group, LLC, he is a fierce advocate for victims of medical malpractice, motor vehicle and truck accidents, and for the families of those who have died as the result of another’s negligent actions.
In preparation for his career, Mr. Karamanis earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Wisconsin in 1983. He then graduated from the New York Law School with a Juris Doctor, and went on to acquire a Master of Laws in international legal studies from New York University. In addition to the educational background that allows him to reach a diverse clientele, Mr. Karamanis speaks fluent Greek.
Between conception and the first few days of a child’s life outside the womb, women trust their physicians to perform the necessary tests, provide medical information and do what they can to prevent birth injuries, brain damage and other defects. When a physician failed to fulfill these duties for one pregnant woman, Mr. Karamanis represented the mother in what became the first successful wrongful birth case in the state, achieving a verdict for more than half a million dollars.
A member of The Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law, and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Mr. Karamanis is highly respected in the legal community. He is admitted to practice in New York and Illinois, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
About James A. Karamanis
First Admitted: 1987, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.theillinoispersonalinjurylawyers.com/attorney-pro...
- $6.3 MILLION | PERSONAL INJURY | 71-YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED & MURDERED IN BASEMENT OF SOUTH SHORE APARTMENT BUILDING$6.3 million-dollar verdict was achieved on behalf of Estate of 71-year old woman who was sexually assaulted, strangled and killed in the basement of a south shore apartment building that was being renovated by a construction worker hired by the building owner.
- $2.1 MILLION | MEDICAL MALPRACTICE | MAN DISCHARGED FROM EMERGENCY ROOM DIES THAT NIGHT AFTER A MISSED DIAGNOSIS$2.1 Million settlement for 46-year old decedent/plaintiff. Plaintiff/decedent presented to an emergency room with complaints of chest pain along with shortness of breath, fever and sore throat. He was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and discharged to home. The plaintiff’s decedent died later that night of hypertensive cardiovascular disease leaving behind two minor children. The ER team comprised of two physician assistants and an emergency room physician were alleged to have been negligent in their treatment, diagnosis and discharge of the deceased plaintiff who, but for their negligence, would have survived.
- $2.0 MILLION | MEDICAL MALPRACTICE SETTLEMENT | UNDISCLOSED PARTIES DUE TO CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT$2.0 Million-dollar settlement prior to trial. A confidentiality agreement was entered into as part of the settlement.
- 1.5 MILLION | MEDICAL MALPRACTICE | UNTIMELY DEATH FOR WOMAN ADMITTED FOR TREATMENT OF DIABETIC FOOT INFECTION WHO DEVELOPED HOSPITAL-ACQUIRED PNEUMONIA $1.5 Million settlement for 52-year old decedent/plaintiff. Plaintiff/decedent presented to Hospital for treatment of diabetic foot infection and was admitted. During her course of treatment, plaintiff/decedent developed pneumonia while being treated for the foot infection. Plaintiff’s Estate contends that Hospital failed to identify and name of the antibiotic susceptibility pattern of the causative bacteria of the hospital-acquired pneumonia so as to effectively treat it and instead continued with the antibiotic course of Vancomycin and Zosyn (used to treat foot infection) failing to appreciate that it would not be effective in treating the hospital-acquired pneumonia and ignoring her continuous physical deterioration and demise.
- $925,000 | MEDICAL MALPRACTICE | MAN SUFFERS DEBILITATING STROKE DUE TO FAILURE OF PHYSICIAN TO PERFORM A PRE-SURGICAL DIAGNOSTIC CT ANGIOGRAM FOR CARDIAC CLEARANCE PRIOR TO SHOULDER SURGERY FOR WORK-RELATED INJURY$925,000 settlement for 60-year-old plaintiff. Plaintiff suffered a work-related right rotator cuff tear and was referred to a cardiologist prior to shoulder surgery for markedly abnormal right arm Dopplers. Plaintiff had a history of a-fib CABG, right carotid endarterectomy, iliac stent, right subclavian stent. The cardiologist elected to proceed with peripheral angiography, atherectomy, percutaneous tranluminarl angioplasty (PTA) and/or vascular stenting of the right subclavian artery without a preoperative CT angiogram. Due to the negligence of the doctor, the plaintiff suffered a left-brain stroke that has rendered him disabled.
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- New York, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Federal Circuit, Washington
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association — International Law Section
- Illinois, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., 1983
- New York University School of Law, LLM, International Legal Studies, 1988
- I still have some tickets left! The auction is going to SPECTACULAR! The dinner from Texas Roadhouse is sure to be AMAZING! And the dance...
- Attorney James A. Karamanis of The Karamanis Law Group, LLC, has achieved a verdict in the amount of $530,000.00, in what is believed to...
- Due to an Malicious attack on http://t.co/BaL8czpy by the hacker group anonymous, The Karamanis Law Group, LLC main website is down...
- Attorney James A. Karamanis of The Karamanis Law Group, LLC, in Chicago, IL has achieved a verdict in the amount of $530,000.00, in what...
- Karamanis Law Group, LLC http://t.co/eB9ZISb7
Last Updated: 5/15/2022