James J. Morici, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
A proficient Chicago-based personal injury attorney with 40-plus years of experience, James J. Morici, Jr. is the co-founder and managing partner of Morici, Longo & Associates. He has secured multiple landmark million-dollar verdicts for his clients across the metro area. With a specific focus on cases related to construction negligence, premises liability and defective products, he handles all types of personal injury cases regardless of their complexity, including:
- Serious accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Car and trucking accidents
- Nursing home neglect
Mr. Morici’s colleagues and clients acclaim him as a dedicated, passionate attorney who goes beyond the call of duty for his clients’ rights and well-being. Firmly committed to ensuring the rights of the injured parties, he probes every case thoroughly and works hard to obtain the full and fair compensation they are entitled to. He frequently represents injured workers before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission.
A B.A. graduate in political science from DePaul University, Mr. Morici received his J.D. with the highest honors from the Chicago-Kent College of Law. At law school, he was a Bar and Gavel Award winner and an officer of the Student Bar Association. Admitted to the bars of Illinois, Wisconsin and Arizona, he actively engages with several associations such as the American Association for Justice, The Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Morici is the former president of the Justinian Society of Lawyers and the Italian American Political Coalition. He is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, open only to attorneys who have won million-dollar verdicts and settlements. His awards include the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce’s Man of the Year, the Illinois Bar Foundation’s Appreciation Award and the Illinois State Bar Association’s Legal Luminary Award.
In addition to being recognized with a “Superb” rating by Avvo, Mr. Morici has been included several times to The American Society of Legal Advocates: Top 100 Lawyers list. The Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans presented him the Joseph Cardinal Bernardin Humanitarian of the Year Award in 2004. Aiming to impart his knowledge to the future generations, he serves as an adjunct faculty professor at the Loyola University Chicago School of Law, the Triton College and the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2014 - 2023
About James J. Morici, Jr.
First Admitted: 1979, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.moricilongo.com/attorneys/james-j-morici-jr-/
- Adjunct Professor, Trial Advocacy at the Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Loyola University School of Law, Adjunct Faculty Professor
- Triton College, Adjunct Faculty Professor
- John Marshall Law School, Adjunct Faculty Professor
- ISBA Board of Governors
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Managers
- Member, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Arizona, 2010
- Wisconsin, 2011
- Illinois, 1979
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association
- Past President, Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Past President, Italian American Political Coalition
- Bar and Gavel Society, ITT/Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- James J. Morici, Jr. “Corridor of Trial Excellence” , Chicago-Kent
- Member, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Recipient, Illinois Super Lawyers
- Recipient, 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Student Bar Association, ITT/Chicago-Kent College of Law
- President of the Board of Directors of the Neighborhood Boys & Girls Club
- Morici-LoBello Family Memorial Scholarship, Founder
- Lane Technical High School
- DePaul University, B.A. in Political Science
- Justinian Society
Last Updated: 5/15/2022