James J. Teich
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Chicago, IL
Attorney James J. Teich is a partner at Women’s Divorce & Family Law by Haid and Teich, LLP in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Teich handles family law matters involving child custody, child support, modifications, mother’s rights and all types of divorce, including high net worth divorces. He serves clients throughout the Chicagoland area.
Mr. Teich is committed to providing personalized representation to his clients and their families, and to empowering them during a difficult time. He has two decades of litigation experience and extensive knowledge of family law matters. He has been recognized in the media, appearing on television and receiving mentions in the Chicago Tribune.
In addition to family law, Mr. Teich has experience in corporate law, and he draws upon this experience today in representing his family law clients who are business owners. Recognizing his accomplishments, the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys named him one of the “10 Best” multiple years in a row and the National Alliance of Women in Law included him on its “Top 40” list.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Teich regularly speaks on family law topics at conferences and seminars. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and The Chicago Bar Association.
Mr. Teich earned a bachelor’s degree from Emory University, graduating with honors. He received his law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology. He obtained his license to practice law in 2000, which qualified him to appear before all Illinois state courts. He also holds a license to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
About James J. Teich
First Admitted: 2000, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.womensfamilylawyers.com/attorney-profiles/james-...
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best (2016-2019)
- National Alliance of Women in Law - Top 40
- Super Lawyer for the years 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- American Institute of Legal Advocates - Elite Advocate 2020
- Recipient of a Scholarship for Academic Excellence, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- CALI Academic Achievement Awards, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- State of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Co-author of the book Strategies For Family Law In Illinois
- Executive Editor of the Chicago-Kent Law Review
Last Updated: 5/15/2022