James M. Dash
Top rated construction litigation attorney in Chicago, IllinoisCarlson Dash LLC
Practice Areas: Construction litigation, Business litigation, Real estate
Licensed in Illinois since: 1989
Education: University of Houston Law Center
Carlson Dash LLC216 South Jefferson Street
Chicago, IL 60661 Visit website
Providing sound and knowledgeable counsel, James M. Dash is the managing attorney at Carlson Dash, located in Chicago, Illinois. He takes on cases involving real estate, including construction law, mechanic’s liens and title defense matters.
A dedicated and zealous advocate for his clients, Mr. Dash provides top-notch legal services to them with an unwavering commitment to their needs. He handles every case in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, both inside and outside the courtroom. His exceptional legal work has contributed to positive amendments to Illinois law in regard to mechanic’s liens and construction.
Mr. Dash has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Loyola University Chicago and received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Houston Law Center. While in law school, Mr. Dash served as senior associate editor for the Houston Law Review. He is admitted to practice in the states of Texas, Illinois and Wisconsin.
Passionate about his community, Mr. Dash served as the past president of the Greater Libertyville Soccer Association’s board of directors. He currently is the vice president of the Libertyville Township Soccer Complex, Ltd.’s board of directors. Representing these associations with their legal matters, Mr. Dash has devoted a considerable amount of his time to both of them.
Actively affiliated with legal associations, Mr. Dash is a member of The Chicago Bar Association’s Real Property Law Committee and the Construction Law & Mechanic’s Lien Subcommittee, for which he also served as a past chair. He is a former member of the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Industry and Section on Litigation.
Mr. Dash is a member of the Title Counsel and Legislative Committees of the Illinois Land Title Association. He served as vice chair for the Wisconsin Bar Association’s Construction and Public Contract Law Section. Mr. Dash was on the Joint CBA-ISBA Committee, which drafted modifications to the Mechanics Lien Act. He served as editor for the second edition of Turner on Illinois Mechanics Liens, a noteworthy publication for construction workers.
In honor of the exceptional work he does, Mr. Dash is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been named to top construction law attorney lists by Best Lawyers and Chambers USA. Mr. Dash is included in the list of top Illinois lawyers in construction law by the Leading Lawyers Network.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasConstruction litigation: business, Business litigation, Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1985, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://carlsondash.com/our-attorneys/chicago-attorneys-jame...
- Vice President of the Board of Directors of Libertyville Township Soccer Complex, Ltd.
- Editor, second edition of Turner on Illinois Mechanics Liens,
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Construction Industry and Section on Litigation
- Past President of the Board of Directors of the Greater Libertyville Soccer Association
- Member, Joint CBA-ISBA Committee
- Title Counsel and Legislative Committees of the Illinois Land Title Association
- Past Chair, Chicago Bar Association, Real Property Law Committee Mechanic’s Lien Subcommittee
- PowerHouse Smart, and Associated General Contractors of Wisconsin
- Southside Builders Association
- Rogers Park Builders Group
- Vice Chair of the Board of the Wisconsin Bar Construction and Public Law Section, 2019-2020
- Chicago Business Network
- Illinois Land Title Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- President, Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys, 2018-2019
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Super Lawyer, 2007-2019
- Recognized by the Leading Lawyers Network as a top Illinois lawyer in the area of construction law, 2005-2019
- AV rating with Martindale-Hubble
- Rated among the top construction law attorneys by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers, 2014-2019
- Chair, Construction Law Section Council, Illinois State Bar Association, 2017
- Vice-President, Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys, 2017
- Loyola University Chicago, B.A., 1982
- Also licensed in Wisconsin and Texas
- Mechanic's Liens
- Real Estate Litigation
Office location for James M. Dash
216 South Jefferson Street
Chicago, IL 60661
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023