Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Chicago, IllinoisEdelson PC
Practice Areas: Class action & mass torts, General litigation; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1997
Education: The University of Michigan Law School
Edelson PC350 North LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60654 Visit website
Jay Edelson is the founder and CEO of Edelson PC a Chicago-based law firm serving clients in Illinois and throughout the United States. While Jay’s primary areas of focus are consumer class actions and general commercial litigation, he also advises start-ups, media companies, major labor unions, Hollywood financiers and others, and has been asked to serve as a consultant on several film, television and radio deals.
Legal peers, the media, state and federal legislators, academia and courts throughout the country have recognized Jay as a leader in class action litigation, technology law, corporate compliance issues and consumer advocacy. He has been appointed lead counsel in numerous state, federal, and international class actions, which have led to the recovery of hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients. He is also regularly asked to weigh in on federal and state legislation or advise legislators on issues related to his practice, including consumer issues involving the recent federal bailouts and technology issues such as those involving mobile marketing.
Jay graduated with cum laude honors from Brandeis University and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan’s Law School. He currently lives with his wife and two kids in Chicago.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: plaintiff, General litigation
Class actions, Litigation
- 50% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 50% General litigation
First Admitted: 1997, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.edelson.com/team/jay-edelson/
- Brandeis University, cum laude
- Annual Humanitarian Award for his "personal integrity, professional achievements, and charitable contributions" by the Hope Presbyterian Church
- One of the top 40 Illinois attorneys under 40 by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin's 2009
- American Bar Association’s "24 hours of Legal Rebels" program, where he was dubbed one of "the most creative minds in the legal profession" for his views of associate training and firm management
- Adjunct professor, Class Action Litigation Seminar, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Guest Lecturer, Consumer and Class Action Issues, Northwestern University Law School and The John Marshall Law School
- "Nine Mistakes Companies Make In Defending Themselves Against Consumer Class Action Lawsuits," Law360 (Jan. 2011).
- "Trust Young Lawyers and They Won't Let You Down," ABA Journal's Legal Rebels – Remaking the Profession (Oct. 15, 2009).
Office location for Jay Edelson
350 North LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60654
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023