Jerome A. Vinkler
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Virtual Appointments
Jerry Vinkler is the Principal and founding member of VINKLER LAW OFFICES. He has been a personal injury trial attorney for 31 years, trying cases in Chicago and all throughout the state of Illinois. Mr. Vinkler focuses his practice on cases of medical negligence, wrongful death and catastrophic injury. His compassion and his preparation to learn the truth in each case and his knowledge of the insurance industry have led to a success rate of over 95% for his clients.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Vinkler has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those adversely affected by medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, railroad accidents, defective products, and other preventable tragedies. Personable and compassionate when dealing with his clients, Mr. Vinkler is a tenacious attorney who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcome possible for those he serves.
Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, Mr. Vinkler has received numerous awards and honors. Of note, Leading Lawyers named him among the Nation's Top Lawyers in 2016 and 2017, and he received the Board of Directors Award from the DuPage County Bar Association in 2003. He has also received many five-star reviews from satisfied clients as well as Superb ratings on Avvo.
A 1981 graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign with a Bachelor of Arts in social theory, Mr. Vinkler attended DePaul University College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor, with honors, in 1987. The Illinois State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. In addition to his legal credentials, he also holds a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter certification from the Insurance Institute of America.
A consummate professional and leader in his field, Mr. Vinkler has written extensively and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics. He is also highly active in his legal community as evidenced by his membership with numerous local, state and national legal organizations.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2022
About Jerome A. Vinkler
First Admitted: 1987, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.vinklerlaw.com/jerome-a-vinkler/
- A white paper on the importance of deterrence in our tort law system, Co-Author, Deterrence of Future Wrongs is at the Heart of Tort Law, Illinois Trial Lawyers Trial Journal, Volume 20, Number 2, Summer 2018
- Symposium on Supreme Court Rule 213 Changes, DuPage County Bar Association in Las Vegas, NV
- Speaker, Supreme Court Rule 213 Changes, DuPage Association of County Women Attorneys, Wheaton, IL
- Speaker, Trial Technique, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Annual Medical Malpractice Seminar, December 2013
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2011-2014
- DuPage Inns of Court, Programming Chair
- DuPage Inns of Court, Mentoring Program, Chair, 2011-2013
- Illinois State Bar, 1987
- PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS: American Bar Association Member, Illinois State Bar Association Member, Health Care Section Council, 1998-2000 Member, America Trial Lawyers Association Member, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Member, Medical Malpractice Committee Member, DuPage County Bar Association Chair, Civil Law Committee, 2002-2003 Member, Civil Law Committee Member, Professional Ethics Committee, 1999-2000 Member, Society of Trial Lawyers Member, DuPage Inns of Court, Kane County Bar Association Member, Chicago Bar Association Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1987
Pro bono/Community Service
- Appointed as Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Electronic filing in DuPage County
- University of Illinois at Champaign, College of Sociology, B.A., Major: Social Theory, 1981
- Mr. Vinkler represents those victims and family members who have been harmed and suffered from medical malpractice, products liability, automobile personal injury, wrongful death and construction negligence.
- Colantuano v. Tribune (Cook County - 2004) $1,071,893.97
- Nelsch v. Glen Oaks (DuPage County - 2008) $1,200,000
- Felts v. Brady (Cook County - 2001) $750,000
- Guinta v. Central DuPage Hospital (DuPage County - 2004) $1,475,000
- Baumgartner v. Beatty (DuPage County - 2007) $900,000
- Northern Trust v. LoCicero (Cook County - 2006) $925,000
- Ayres v. Gottlieb (Cook County - 2001) $600,000
- Somoye v. Klein (DuPage County- 2003) $4,000,000
- Morris v. Kim (Cook County - 2005) $400,000
- Raymundo v. Bacalla, et al. (Cook County - 2006) $6,000,000
- Anderson v. Cypress Hill Development (DuPage County - 2009) $1,057,000
- Higgins v. Toan (Cook County - 2003) $500,000
- Morris v. Curran, et al. (Cook County - 2004) $900,000
- C.P.C.U. Insurance Institute of America - Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter, 1992
Last Updated: 5/15/2022