John A. (Jay) Stefani
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012, 2014 - 2016
Attorney John A. (Jay) Stefani is a partner with Levinson and Stefani Injury Lawyers in Chicago, Illinois. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 17 years of total legal experience, Mr. Stefani focuses his practice primarily on personal injury law. He provides unmatched representation to clients across his region who suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
As a personal injury attorney, Mr. Stefani has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of individuals and families adversely affected by car accidents, truck accidents and other preventable tragedies. He has also become known as a staunch advocate for the rights and entitlements of childhood sexual abuse victims, and he has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for those he has served.
In honor of his outstanding professionalism and client service, Mr. Stefani has earned perennial Leading Lawyer designations as well as consistent recognition from his peers as being among the top 5% of lawyers in his region. He has also received excellent client ratings on Avvo as well as countless testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 1997 graduate of DePaul University, Mr. Stefani returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law in 2004. While there, he received the CALI Award for his Senior Seminar paper, which he presented at the DePaul University CIPLIT Symposium in 2004 and published later in 2006.
Mr. Stefani is the current elected Chair of the American Association for Justice’s Sole Practitioner & Small Firm Section, and he has held various other leadership positions within the organization. He is also a member of the organization's Motor Vehicle Collision and Highway and Premises Liability Sections as well as the Trucking Litigation and Ride Share Litigation Groups. He has also published several articles in the organization's "Trial" magazine.
Mr. Stefani is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations.
About John A. (Jay) Stefani
First Admitted: 2004, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://levinsonstefani.com/jay-stefani/
- Chair of the American Association for Justice’s (AAJ) Sole Practitioner & Small Firm Section, 2021 - 2022
- Parliamentarian, Treasurer/Membership Liaison, Secretary, Vice Chair, and Chair-Elect, American Association for Justice’s (AAJ) Sole Practitioner & Small Firm Section
- Illinois State Bar Association, Solo/Small Firm Practitioners Committee, Legislative Liaison, 2009-2010
- Public Interest Law Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2005-present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2005-present
- American Association for Justice, Nursing Home Litigation Group
- DePaul Chapter of the ACLU
- DePaul University's Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK), Mentor
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2005-present
- Chicago Bar Association, Solo/Small Firm Committee, Vice Chair, 2010-2014
- American Association for Justice, Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway and Premises Liability Section
- American Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Group
- Received the CALI Award for his Senior Seminar paper
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2005-present
- Law Practice Management & Technology Committee
- Leading Lawyer for Illinois in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Rising Star for 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Illinois Super Lawyers for 2020 & 2021
- Emerging Lawyer for Illinois in 2017
- Contributed and presented a paper at the 2004 DePaul University CIPLIT Symposium, “Privacy and Identity: The Promise and Perils of a Technological Age.”
- Presented at the New Jersey Association for Justice's Boardwalk Seminar., Discovery: Important Items that are Often Overlooked, New Jersey Association For Justice, 2017
- DePaul University, Political Science, 1997
- Automobile Accidents
- Truck Crashes
- @TheRewatchables @BillSimmons @ChrisRyan77 Picking nits: they reference complying with the Geneva Convention early… https://t.co/XzhrL2FlpK
- @TheRewatchables @BillSimmons @ChrisRyan77 You understand going to this game means spending the next 3-4 years in N… https://t.co/63bEagFOKF
- Would you say "I can handle this without a #doctor" if you had appendicitis? https://t.co/HuNr91i48m
- Interesting information on the dangers of truck driving -- to pedestrians, other drivers, and even truck drivers. https://t.co/82WDzOquYW
Last Updated: 5/15/2022