Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Free Consultation
An accident that John M. Popelka suffered as a teenager working in a paper mill became the catalyst for a successful legal career in the workers' compensation field. Mr. Popelka was denied the benefits that he was due simply because he was not aware of his rights, and he is dedicated to preventing his clients from experiencing the same injustice. As a testament to the workers' compensation field, Mr. Popelka devotes his entire practice to this area. He knows the ins and outs of the system and fights diligently to protect his clients' rights and to get them the benefits that they deserve.
John M. Popelka was admitted to the Illinois bar in 1986 after graduating from John Marshall Law School. He is also licensed to practice law in Wisconsin and Iowa. Mr. Popelka joined Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen, Ltd. in 1991 and has had a successful track record with the firm ever since. Throughout his career, he has achieved numerous successful results, including a $1.5 million settlement and other high-dollar jury verdicts and settlements. Some of the cases that he handles involve catastrophic injuries, permanent disabling injuries and worker deaths. Some of these injuries require home modification and lifetime medical care, but Mr. Popelka's representation has led to several of his clients receiving lifetime weekly payments to compensate them for their injuries.
Mr. Popelka has also undertaken appellate cases in which he has argued before the Illinois Appellate Court and the Illinois Supreme Court. He maintains his dedication to clients by maintaining memberships in several professional organizations, including the American Association of Justice, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, The Chicago Bar Association and the Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association of Illinois.
About John Popelka
First Admitted: 1986, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://anesilaw.com/attorneys/john-m-popelka/
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, J.D., 1986
- Marquette University , Milwaukee, Wisconsin, B.A. in Economics, Honors: Dean's List, 1983
- Edward Gray Corp. v. Industrial Commission, 316 Ill. App. 3d 1217, Illinois Appellate Court, 2000
- Jetson Midwest v. Industrial Commission, 290, Ill. App. 3d 314, Illinois Appellate Court, 1998
- Author of jurisdiction chapter for ITLA Workers' Compensation Notebook, Jurisdiction chapter author, ITLA Workers' Compensation Notebook, 2020
- Member, Workers' Compensation Section, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2020
- Member, American Bar Association, 2020
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2020
- Member, Workers' Compensation Section, American Association of Justice, 2020
- Member, Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association of Illinois, 2020
Last Updated: 8/10/2022