John R. Gorey
Top rated personal injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisCurcio Law Offices
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1996
Education: DePaul University College of Law
Curcio Law Offices161 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60601 Visit website
John R. Gorey is a senior partner at Curcio Law Offices in Chicago, Illinois. He has more than 24 years of experience in the legal field. Mr. Gorey represents clients with personal injury matters such as automobile accidents, slip-and-falls, products liability, premises liability and so on.
Mr. Gorey obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona and earned his Juris Doctor degree from DePaul University College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Gorey was on the national trial team and received the John Powers Crowley Award for his participation in mock trial competitions nationwide.
Before joining Curcio Law Offices, Mr. Gorey worked at a prominent law firm that represented insurance companies. This gave him insights into the tactics that insurance companies use to defend their cases. Mr. Gorey now advocates for plaintiff clients who have been hurt due to another party’s carelessness or negligence. He has a lengthy record of procuring numerous successful million-dollar and multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of his injured clients.
Mr. Gorey, active in the legal community, is a member of the American Association for Justice, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Illinois State Bar Association and The Chicago Bar Association. He has lectured extensively and has spoken in many bar association legal programs and also on radio and television shows about personal injury law.
Mr. Gorey was a member of the board of managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. The Illinois Supreme Court appointed Mr. Gorey to its character and fitness committee, which assesses if a candidate is eligible for admission into the Illinois State Bar Association.
Recognized for his impeccable service by his peers, Mr. Gorey has a “Superb” rating on Avvo and is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale Hubbell. He has also received several testimonials from his satisfied clients. Mr. Gorey, in addition to his law practice, actively involves in and financially supports many charities.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a pee-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1996, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.curcio-law.com/attorneys/john-r-gorey/
- Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness - Committee Member 2006 - 2015
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Association of Justice - Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association - Member; Elected to Board of Managers (2007-2010)
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
- University of Arizona in 1993
- $2,900,000.00 Settlement for the family of a 34 year-old woman who was killed due to the mismanagement of an infection that developed during her pregnancy.
- $1,044,973 verdict for a 63 year-old man who suffered a fractures knee from a collision with a CTA bus.
- $1,900,000.00 Settlement on behalf of a cognitively disabled woman and her child as a result of a wrongful pregnancy that occurred while she was a resident of a CILA facility., 2015
- $1,200,000 Settlement for a 27 year-old woman that was killed in a retail carpet store when a rack holding carpet remnants collapsed.
- $2,600,000 Settlement for the family of a 33 year-old woman that was killed in a car collision.
- $1,589,000.00 verdict for a railroad worker that suffered an injury to his leg as a result of being struck by a train in the railyard., 2013
- $1,986,745 Verdict for the family of a 9 year-old special needs child that drowned while participating in a swimming excursion with a local day camp.
- $1,140,973 Verdict for a 71 year-old man who suffered a fractured hip as a result of an automobile collision.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a woman that was misdiagnosed with breast cancer and underwent an unnecessary mastectomy procedure., 2014
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2009
- Avvo.com Rating - 10/10 - Superb
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2010
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
Office location for John R. Gorey
161 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60601
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2010
Additional sources of information about John R. Gorey
Find me online
- We’re on team world. Stay home so we can stop the spread. Curcio Law is fully remote right now, but it’s business a… https://t.co/rj6iJ1zErd
- Looking for ways to help your fellow Illinoisans during the COVID-19 outbreak? Gov. Pritzker suggests donating bloo… https://t.co/O25QoXNmHz
- Please stay informed from reliable sources. https://t.co/Acr12U2YJm