Joseph W. Balesteri
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Chicago, IllinoisPower Rogers, LLP
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury
Licensed in Illinois since: 1995
Education: DePaul University College of Law
Power Rogers, LLP70 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60602 Visit website
Joseph W. Balesteri is a personal injury attorney and partner at Power Rogers LLP in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Balesteri has over 25 years of experience and represents clients in the Chicago metropolitan area and throughout the state of Illinois. He has experience with matters involving birth injury, brain injury and medical malpractice.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Balesteri has secured significant amounts through settlements and verdicts on behalf of personal injury victims. In 2018, he obtained a winning verdict that was one of the top 10 medical malpractice verdicts in the United States.
In honor of his success and accomplishments as a trial attorney, Leading Lawyers included Mr. Balesteri on its “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list in 2016. The International Society of Barristers elected him as a fellow in 2019.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Balesteri stays involved in his legal community and maintains strong relationships with his colleagues through membership in several professional organizations. He belongs to the Chicago Bar Association, the Fenwick Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Balesteri is also active in the Justinian Society of Lawyers and Public Justice. He served as president of the Society of Trial Lawyers from 2014 to 2015.
After receiving a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University, Mr. Balesteri earned his law degree from DePaul University College of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Illinois state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.powerrogers.com/our-attorneys/joseph-w-balesteri...
- Elected as a Fellow of the International Society of Barristers, 2019
- Recognized as Illinois Super Lawyer, 2005 and 2009-Present
- Leading Lawyers Magazine 2016, Top 100 Lawyers
- Top Verdict Top 10 Med Mal settlements in the United States, 2018
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1995
- Society of Trial Lawyers, 2014-2015 President; Illinois Trial Lawyers Association; America Association for Justice; Illinois State Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association; Trial Lawyers for Public Justice; Justinian Society; Fenwick Bar Association
- Illinois Bar, 1995
- B.S., Indiana University, 1992
Office location for Joseph W. Balesteri
70 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2005, 2009 - 2023