Karen Jackson Porter
Top rated bankruptcy attorney in Chicago, IllinoisPorter Law Network
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1984
Education: The University of Michigan Law School
Porter Law Network230 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60606 Visit website
When businesses and individuals in the Chicago, Illinois, area find themselves struggling with overwhelming debt, they come to Porter Law Network. Why? Because they know that Karen Jackson Porter will give them sound, reliable bankruptcy advice, counsel and representation. She has over 30 years of experience in these areas of the law and, to date, over the course of her career, has helped more than 500 clients in bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings.
After graduating summa cum laude from Kean University with a bachelor’s degree in political science, Ms. Porter went on to earn her Juris Doctorate at the University of Michigan Law School.
Ms. Porter is a recognized leader in the legal community. She is licensed to practice in both Illinois and Michigan and spends much of her time handling cases in the federal courts of the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois.
A committed community activist, Ms. Porter serves as guardian ad litem for disabled adults. She has also served as the chairwoman of the Task Force on Community Development and Violence Reduction for the Union League Club of Chicago. An active member of her church, she serves as a small group leader and member of its Cook County jail ministry team.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasBankruptcy: business, Estate planning & probate, Bankruptcy: consumer, Creditor debtor rights: business, Real estate: consumer
Bankruptcy law, Guardianships & conservatorships, Probate & estate administration
- 30% Bankruptcy: business
- 40% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Bankruptcy: consumer
- 10% Creditor debtor rights: business
- 10% Real estate: consumer
First Admitted: 1984, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.porterlawnetwork.com/
- Member of TMA since 2021
- Member of the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of the Trial Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Federal courts in the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
- Long-standing member of the ISBA
- Kean University: Summa Cum Laude: B.A. Political Science, 1979
- Chairwoman of the Task Force on Community Development and Violence Reduction for the Union League Club of Chicago, 2016
- Member of the Cook County Jail ministry team at her church
Office location for Karen Jackson Porter
230 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60606
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023