Top rated family law attorney in Chicago, IllinoisSchiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP
Practice Areas: Family law
Licensed in Illinois since: 1993
Karen Pinkert-Lieb’s strong background in finance, tax law and psychology render her uniquely suited to expertly navigate complex custody and financial cases and advance her client’s interests. Her versatility as both a seasoned negotiator and a skilled litigator enable her to achieve the best possible results while always remaining dedicated to her client’s priorities. In addition to marital dissolution cases, Karen also concentrates her practice in the areas of pre/post marital agreements and complex parentage.
Karen’s results both in and out of the courtroom have earned her extensive recognition. She was named Family Law Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America, as well as the number 1 Female Divorce Attorney in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Network. She is also named annually in Best Lawyers of America and Illinois Super Lawyers.
Karen is also experienced in the field of alternative dispute resolution and is committed to employing the technique best suited to meeting her client’s goals efficiently. This flexibility, coupled with her high standard of quality and discretion, enable her to craft creative solutions to the most challenging of cases.
A frequent lecturer on family law topics, Karen has also authored chapters for books such as Strategies for Family Law in Illinois and the Family Law Series for the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education. She previously served as Chair of the Family Law Section of the Illinois State Bar Association where she drafted family law legislation.
First Admitted: 1993, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.sdflaw.com/team/detail/karen-pinkert-lieb/bio
- Family Law Lawyer of the Year in Chicago by The Best Lawyers in America #1 Female Divorce attorney in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Network (2010-2018)Top 10 Women Litigators in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Network Top 10 Women Lawyer in Illinois in All Areas of Law by Leading Lawyers Network Top 10 Female Consumer Lawyers in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Network Top 50 Female Lawyers in Illinois in All Areas of Law by Super LawyersTop 10 Attorney by American Institute of Family Law AttorneysFellow in the Trial Lawyer Honorary Society of the Litigation Counsel of AmericaMartindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
- Speaker: Discovery in Divorce Litigation, ISBA Annual Meeting (2000); Illinois Premarital Agreement Act, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, (March/May 1999); Use of the New Discovery Rules in Divorce Proceedings, ISBA Minority and Women Seminar (May 1997); Leveling the Playing Field, ISBA Minority and Women Seminar (May 1998); Ethics in Domestic Relations Law Firms, ISBA Annual Meeting (1996). Coordinator and Moderator: ISBA Family Law Updates (2001-2002); ISBA Family Law 101 (2002). Published: Client Management and Education, Family Law Handbook, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2003, 2008); Appeals Court Ruling Imperils Unallocated Supporty Payment, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (December 2000); Ask the Experts, Divorce Magazine (March 2001); Aspatore Publishing - "Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in Illinois", 2011 Ed.; "Divorce Among Professional Women", featured in The Legal Balance's newsletter, (August 2010); frequent contributor to Family Law Topics Blog.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law/IIT, J.D.with honors (1993); University of Texas at Austin, B.A. (1989)
- Chairman, Family Law Section of Illinois State Bar Association (2004); Illinois State Bar Associations; American Bar Associations
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023