Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Chicago, IL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2019
Kate Sedey, Partner at Case + Sedey, LLC, has been successfully litigating employment law cases throughout her tenure in the legal field.
Earning the respect of clients and opposing counsel alike, she has a built a reputation as a premier attorney amongst Chicago’s employment law community. Her drive to make an impact in the workplace has helped her establish a strong network and wide knowledge base to ensure the best outcome for her clients.
Ms. Sedey draws from a diverse body of experience to effectively represent and advise employees regarding their legal rights and protections in the workplace. From trying cases, arguing motions, and negotiating settlements, to researching and drafting legal memorandums and briefs, interviewing and deposing witnesses, and conducting discovery, her expertise on the plaintiff’s side of employment law is vast. Ms. Sedey has been recognized by Chicago Magazine as a Rising Star in the field every year since 2012. She has also been recognized as an Emerging Lawyer by the Law Bulletin’s Leading Lawyer’s network.
Ms. Sedey’s interest in employment law developed at an early age, influenced by her mother who is one of the top employment lawyers in Missouri. Inspired by the potential to make a difference in the workforce, during her undergraduate years, Ms. Sedey assisted in a nation-wide class action lawsuit representing women who had been discriminated on the job. She actively pursued her interest in employment issues while studying at Chicago-Kent Law School, participating in the Labor & Employment Certificate program, in addition to the Chicago-Kent Moot Court Honor Society and the Chicago-Kent Law Review.
Ms. Sedey is admitted to practice law in Illinois. She graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from New York University in 2004. She received her Juris Doctor and a Certificate in Labor & Employment Law from Chicago-Kent College of Law in May 2009, where she graduated with honors.
About Kate Sedey
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://caseandsedey.com/kate-sedey/
- New York University, Bachelor of Arts - graduated cum laude, 2004
- Emerging Attorney, Law Bulletin, Leading Lawyers Network, 2016
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2015
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2013
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2016
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2012
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2014
- Contributor, Sex-Based Harassment: Workplace Policies for the Legal Profession (3rd Edition), American Bar Association, Commission on Women in the Profession, 2016
- Reviewer, Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation Discrimination in the Workplace: A Practical Guide, BNA Publications, 2014
- Speaker, Re-Visiting Twombly/Iqbal's Application to Employment Law, Chicago Bar Association - Labor & Employment Law Committee, 2015
- Served as Co-Chair of the ERR Gives Back Subcommittee for the ABA's Section of Labor & Employment Law, Employee Rights & Responsibilities Committee., 2016
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/21/2022