Kenneth D. Peters
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Chicago, IllinoisDressler & Peters LLC
Practice Areas: Business & corporate, Bankruptcy; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1983
Education: University of Illinois College of Law
Dressler & Peters LLC70 W. Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60654 Visit website
Kenneth D. Peters advises business clients in complex financial and operational legal matters. As a partner at Dressler & Peters, LLC, his business law practice encompasses commercial litigation, bankruptcy and restructuring, corporate finance, and equipment leasing and financing. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Mr. Peters attracts clients from throughout the nation. Clients from the aviation, commercial real estate, transportation, industrial and financial services industries seek his counsel regarding specialized matters, like aircraft foreclosures, recovery of debts during bankruptcy actions, and bet the company litigation defense.
He has proven capable of managing many high-value legal tasks, such as directing the development of a $300 million letter of credit. Other accomplishments include drafting software service agreements involving five parties and assisting in one steel company's acquisition of a financially distressed competitor.
Due to the depth and scope of his business legal work, Mr. Peters is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Districts of Illinois, Indiana, Arkansas, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Nebraska and Colorado. Additionally, he can present cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th and 7th Circuits.
Mr. Peters originally honed his business acumen as an oil industry executive. His deep knowledge of the industrial sector qualified him to teach at the MBA program from the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management. While serving on the curriculum council, he earned some of the highest ratings given to an instructor. The Chicago Bar Association has also relied on him to teach continuing legal education courses. The University of Illinois College of Law awarded Mr. Peters his law degree, and he has been a licensed attorney since 1983.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Bankruptcy: business
Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Business organizations, Bankruptcy law
- 50% Business/corporate
- 50% Bankruptcy: business
First Admitted: 1983, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.dresslerpeters.com/professionals/kenneth-d-peter...
- US District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- US Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- US District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- Equipment Lease and Finance Association
- National Equipment Finance Association, past Chairman of legal committee
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Panel, Documentation for the Equipment Finance Industry
- Middlebury College, B.A.
- Industrial including oil & gas
Office location for Kenneth D. Peters
70 W. Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60654
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023