Kimberly A. Davis
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Chicago, IL
A founding member of Illinois law firm SpyratosDavis LLC, Kim focuses her practice on personal injury litigation, wrongful death, civil litigation, workers’ compensation and family law. She accepts clients throughout Northern Illinois, and particularly in the counties of Cook, DuPage, Lake, Will, DeKalb, Kane and Kendall. Ms. Davis particularly excels in litigating death and serious injury matters related to the construction industry, trucking accidents, auto accidents, premises liability and defective products. In addition to litigation, she has extensive mediation and arbitration experience and serves as a continuing education instructor for attorneys in the areas of jury trial, discovery, and the handling of serious injury cases. Kim is committed to diversity and contribution to the community at large.
Kim hails from Cicero, Illinois . She obtained an Associate of Arts degree in Commerce from Morton College and went on to gain her Bachelor of Science degree from Southern Illinois University, where she majored in Paralegal Studies and minored in Political Science. Kim earned her Juris Doctor with honors from the Chicago-Kent College of Law-Illinois Institute of Technology, where she attended law school at night while working full-time. Today, she is admitted to practice law in Illinois, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Having a 10.0 Superb Avvo rating and a peer rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, Ms. Davis has earned the respect of her associates. In 2016 and 2018, she was named a Top 100 Lawyer in litigation for Illinois by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Ms. Davis enjoys contributing to the legal community by giving presentations for local, state and national conferences on jury and trial techniques, civil litigation, and motor vehicle/trucking/auto accident investigation and reconstruction and evaluating traumatic brain injuries. She also writes legal articles on these topics and case law updates.
Ms. Davis is an active member of numerous bars and associations and a sought-after speaker. Her memberships include the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, the Federation of Women Contractors, the Illinois State Bar Association, the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, the Defense Research Institute, and the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel. Kim has held leadership positions in numerous organizations, including serving as President of both The American Inns of Court - DuPage County Chapter and the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers. She also chaired the largest committee in the Illinois State Bar Association called the Civil Practice Section Council, and she remains an active member of that Section today.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Construction Litigation: Business
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Employer/Insurance
Construction Defects, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Transportation Law
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
About Kimberly A. Davis
First Admitted: 1997, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.spydavlaw.com/attorneys/Kimberly-A-Davis
- Author, Relief from Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Arbitration Award, DCBA Bar Brief, Vol. 20, Issue 9, June 2008
- Author, “Physician” Nets Reasonable Rate of $66.95 per Hour for Deposition, Illinois State Bar Association Trial Briefs Newsletter, Vol. 55, No. 8, April 2010
- Author, Legislative Caps on Medical Malpractice Damages Strikes Out, Illinois State Bar Association, Bench and Bar Newsletter, Vol. 40, No. 6, April 2010
- Author, The First District Examines Standard for Reviewing Section 2-615 Motions in Legal Malpractice Cases and Clarifies the Solvency Rule, Illinois State Bar Association Trial Briefs Newsletter, Vol. 53, No. 9, April 2008
- Co-Author, Petitions for Relief from Judgments under 735 ILCS 5/2-1401, Illinois State Br Association Trial Briefs Newsletter, Vol. 52, No. 8, April 2007
- Academy of Bar Leaders, Fellow
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in the State of Illinois, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2016 and 2018
- DuPage County Bar Association, Ethics & Values Program
- AVVO 10.0 rating Superb
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- North Central College Leadership, Ethics & Values Program
- Morton College, A.A., Honors: Freshman Female Athlete of the Year, 1983-1984
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, B.S.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Illinois Bar Foundation
- The Federation of Women Contractors
- The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel/Illinois Defense Counsel Kane County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1997
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
- Illinois, 1997
Last Updated: 5/15/2022