Laura A. White
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Chicago, IllinoisSmith O'Callaghan & White
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Employment litigation, Alternative dispute resolution
Licensed in Illinois since: 1996
Education: University of Dayton School of Law
Laura A. White is a partner with Smith O’Callaghan & White, a boutique labor and employment law firm representing primarily corporate clients. She defends employers in employment-related litigation in the federal and state courts and before administrative agencies, as well as represents individuals having significant claims of harassment, retaliation or wrongful discharge on a special circumstance basis. She has litigated multiple cases in Illinois and in other states involving sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, whistleblowing, employment discrimination under Title VII and various state laws, age discrimination, disability discrimination, FMLA, breach of employment contract, workplace defamation, and other important issues involving the workplace. She also provides critical counseling to companies on personnel matters and employment law compliance. Applying her 24 years of experience, Ms. White also serves as a mediator in the full spectrum of employment law cases.
First Admitted: 1996, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.socw.com/laura_a_white.html
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America - Trial Lawyers Honorary Society, Litigation Counsel of America
- Recognized by peers as a Leading Lawyer in Employment Law: Management by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company www.leadinglawyers.com, Law Bulletin Publishing Co.
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell - Highest rating for legal ability and ethics, Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- Ms. White is a certified mediator. She holds a Mediation Skills Training Program Certificate from Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies.
- Financial Institutions
- Law Firms
- Professional Services
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2020, 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2009