Lawrence R. Kream
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Chicago, IllinoisLaw Office Lawrence R Kream, LLC
Owner of the Law Office of Lawrence R. Kream, L.L.C., Lawrence R. Kream represents clients in Chicago, Illinois, in matters of personal injury. This includes construction injuries, medical negligence, trucking and auto accidents, product liability and nursing home negligence. Selected as one of the Chicago’s Top Lawyers for three consecutive years, he is a passionate advocate for the rights of those who have been injured.
Mr. Kream is admitted to practice in the state of Illinois, and he is also admitted to practice before the following federal courts: the United States Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. A member of the American Association for Justice, he is also involved in the Northwest Suburban Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the Illinois State Bar Association.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from The Ohio State University, Mr. Kream then moved on to law school. In 1980, he graduated with distinction from John Marshall Law School with his Juris Doctor.
Mr. Kream is also an Adjunct Professor at the School of Law of the University of Illinois at Chicago.
With over four decades of experience, Mr. Kream has recovered millions of dollars for his clients through verdicts and settlements. Whether at the negotiating table or in the courtroom, he is fully prepared to fight for the rights of the injured. As a well-known and knowledgeable attorney, he has also taught seminars for the Illinois State Bar Association and the Northwest Suburban Bar Association.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Construction Accident, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Trucking Accidents
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1980, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.kreamlaw.com/attorney/lawrence-r-kream/
- Instrument rated private pilot
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Member, Present
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
- Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association, Member, Amicus Curiae Committee, Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, Amicus Curiae Committee, Present
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1999
- Illinois, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1980
- Selected as one of Chicago's Top Lawyers, 2012 - 2014
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2021
- John Marshall Law School, Honors: With Distinction, 1980
- State and Federal Statutes in Medical Malpractice Cases, Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association, 1993
- Preparing Yor Expert and Challenging Theirs, Litigation Skills III, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2008
- Proof of Causation, How Much is Enough, Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association, 1995
- Expert Testimony At Trial, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2007
- The Plaintiff's Perspective on Motions to Dismiss and for Summary Judgment, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2007
- Contingent Fees, Referral Fees, and Attorneys; Liens; and Common Fund Doctrine, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2008
- Cross-examination of Adverse Expert, Litigation Skills II, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2008
- Third Party Practice, Civil Practice, and Procedure Update, Illinois State Bar Association, 2014
- Courtroom Visuals, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2010
- Dealing with liens and claimed reimbursement rights in personal injury cases, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2011
- Chapter 24, Electrical Injuries, in Illinois Causes of Action, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Elements, Forms, and Winning Tips: Tort Actions, 2008, revised 2011, 2014, 2018
- Construction Accidents, Illinois State Bar Association, March 29, 2019
- Chapter 14, Medical Malpractice, in Illinois Causes of Action, Torts, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2014, 2018
- Conner v. First Bank and Trust Co. of Rockford, 108 Ill. App.3d 534, 439 N.E.2d 122, 1982, 2nd Dist.
- Torres v. Divis, 144 Ill. App.3d 958, 494 N.E.2d 1297, 1986, 2nd Dist.
- Novey v. Kishwaukee Community Health Services Center, 176 Ill. App.3d 674, 531 N.E.2d 427, 1988, 2nd Dist.
- Wills v. DeKalb Area Retirement Center, 175 Ill. App.3d 833, 530 N.E.2d 1066, 1988, 2nd Dist.
- Young v. Makar, 207 Ill. App.3d 337, 565 N.E.2d 1030, 1991, 2nd Dist.
- West v. Deere & Co., 145 Ill.2d 177, 582 N.E.2d 685, 1991
- McAlister v. Schick, 147 Ill. 2d 84, 588 N.E.2d 1151, 1992
- Johnson v. University of Chicago Hospitals, 982 F.2d 230, 1992, 7th Cir.
- Old Republic v. Chuak & Tecson, P.C., 84 F3d 998, 1996, 7th Cir.
- Elane v. St. Bernard Hospital, 264 Ill. App.3d 865, 672 N.E.2d 820, 1996, 1st Dist.
- Doe v. Noe, 303 Ill. Appl. 3d 139, 707 N.E.2d 588, 1998, 1st Dist.
- Nanda v. Board of Trustees of University of Illinois, 312 F.3d 852, 2002, 7th Cir.
- Hemminger v. LeMay, 2014 Il. App. (3d) 120392, 2014
- Nanda v. Moss, 412 F.3d 836, 2005, 7th Cir
- Krivanec v. Abromowitz, 366 Ill. App.3d 350, 851 N.E.2d 649, 2006, 1st Dist.
- Heastie v. Roberts, 226 Ill.2d 515, 877 N.E.2d 1064 , 2007
- The Ohio State University, B.A., Philosophy, 1976
Office location for Lawrence R. Kream
30 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024