Lori G. Levin
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Chicago, IL
Lori G. Levin, Attorney at Law 2009-Current Experienced attorney dedicated to criminal and juvenile defense. Aggressively marshalls investigative, research and trial skills developed in a career spanning more than 30 years to fight to safeguard clients' rights. Additionally, her practice deals with troubled persons suffering from mental health and disability issues both in civil as well as criminal court. Executive Director, Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority 2003-2009. Directed state agency dedicated to improving criminal justice and oversaw a budget of more than $100 million in criminal justice grants and justice research. Chaired Illinois Integrated Justice Information Systems Implementation Board and served on various boards including Illinois Violence Prevention Authority, Illinois Family Violence Coordinating Council, ReDeploy Illinois (Juvenile Justice), and Governor’s Community Safety and Re-Entry Working Group Supervisor, Seniors and Persons with Disabilities Division, Cook County State's Attorney's Office 1930-2003 . Former Supervisor, Seniors and Persons with Disabilties Division of the Cook County State's Attorney's Office. Directed prosecution and investigation of white collar financial exploitation, violent crimes, abuse and neglect cases in the community and in long-term care facilitities. Supervised civil commitment and forced treatment of mentally ill persons in crisis. Over course of 20+ years at Cook County State's Attorney's Office tried more than 50 felony and civil jury trials. Have appeared in numerous divisions within the Circuit Court of Cook County including Criminal, Juvenile Justice, Child Protection, First Municipal, County, Probate and various suburban districts.
Recipient of the 2017 Illinois Academy of Lawyers Laureate Award and 2014 Illinois State Bar Association's Matthew Maloney Tradition of Excellence Award.
About Lori G. Levin
First Admitted: 1980, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.lorilevinlaw.com/attorney/
- Illinois State Bar Association, Criminal Justice Council Member
- North Shore Law, Board Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Bench and Bar Council Member
- Womens Bar Association of Illinois, Co-Chair of Past Presidents Council
- American Bar Association Vice-Chair of Criminal Justice Section for Professional Development/CLE, 1997-98. Assistant Secretary of Criminal Justice Section Council, 1988-89. Criminal Justice Section Council Member 1988-93. Co-chair, Legal Problems of the Elderly Committee, Criminal Justice Section, 2006-2010.Chair/Co-Chair, Women in the Criminal Justice Community Committee, 1998-2006. Liaison from the Criminal Justice Section to the ABA Commission on Women, 1998-2001. Co-chair, American Bar Association/American Psychological Association Symposium on Psychology and Criminal Law, Washington, D.C., 1999.
- Past President, Women's Bar Association of Illinois. Member, Women's Criminal Defense Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, American Bar Association, West Suburban Bar Association, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Justinian Association of Lawyers, Decalogue Society of Lawyers.
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois: President, 2004-2005. Co-Chair, Past Presideints Council, 2016-2019. First Vice President, April-May 2004. Second Vice-President, 2003-2004. Treasurer, 2003-2003, Corresponding Secretary, 2001-2002. Board of directors, 2000-2006. Co-Chair, Annual Dinner, 2003, 2006, 2009. Programming Co-chair, 1999-2000. Joint WBAI-CBA Elder Women's Task Force, 1999-present.
- Chicago Bar Association Strategic Planning Committee, 2005-2006. Criminal Law Committee, 2009-present. Mental Health Law Committee, 1998-2005
- Illinois State Bar Association: Chair, Standing Committee on Women and the Law, 2018-2019. Chair, Standing Committee on Continuing Legal Education, 2011-2012. Chair, Standing Committee on Mental Health Law, 2002-2003. Criminal Justice Section Council Member, 2005-2018. Committee on Women and the Law, 2007-2018. Standing Committee on Mental Health Law, 1998-2004. Elder Law Section Council Member, 2001-2003. Assembly Member, 2005-2011, 2012-2018., 2018
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers Board of Managers, 2011-2012.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Fellow, Illinois Bar Foundation.
- Recipient, Cook County Sheriff's Law Enforcement Award, 1996
- The Academy of Illinois Lawyers was founded in 1999. Its purpose is to enhance the honor and dignity of the bar of Illinois by recognizing lawyers who personify the greatness of the legal profession. The Academy honors lawyers who have established and maintained the highest principles of the profession as demonstrated by their pervasive record of service to the law and the public. And not least, by their example, they are beacons to others who seek to uphold the highest standards in the practice of law. The Laureate Award, the supreme honor bestowed by the Academy, is awarded to those deemed to exemplify the highest ideals of the profession., 2017 Laureate, Illinois Academy of Lawyers, 2017
- Matthew Maloney Tradition of Excellence Award, Illinois State Bar Association, 2014
- Chosen by peers to be Illinois Leading Lawyer in field of Criminal Defense., Leading Lawyer, Leading Lawyers
- Illinois Capital Litigation Trial Bar, Lead Counsel, 2002
- DCFS administrative appeals
Last Updated: 5/15/2022