Mark A. Brown
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
Attorney Mark A. Brown is a partner with The Law Offices Of Lane & Lane, LLC, in Chicago, Illinois. A top-rated, award-winning trial attorney with more than 27 years of legal experience, Mr. Brown devotes his practice to helping individuals and families throughout the greater Chicago metro region and surrounding areas who suffered an injury or lost a loved one as the result of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
Along with handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, defective products and other preventable tragedies, Mr. Brown has become a recognized leader in child sexual abuse cases. He has appeared on several local and national news outlets, offering in-depth legal commentary on these areas, and he has achieved notable success fighting on behalf of his clients in state and federal courts across his region.
In addition to maintaining a successful trial practice, he has also handled appeals before the Illinois Supreme Court and other appellate courts. Furthermore, he has participated in a number of mediations to help his clients resolve their conflicts and achieve the favorable outcomes they deserve without ever setting foot inside the courtroom.
Regardless of the claims his clients need to bring against those responsible for their suffering, Mr. Brown delivers highly personalized, aggressive representation at every stage of the process, and he has a driving passion for upholding the law and ensuring his plaintiff clients obtain the justice they seek.
Recognized for his professionalism and service, Mr. Brown has earned numerous awards and accolades from his peers, including the Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell and Top Attorney designation from various professional legal organizations. He also received recognition from several attorney publications, including Chicago Lawyer Magazine in 2007 as an Illinois 40 Under 40 attorney, an Illinois Superlawyer from 2010-2010, one of America's Most Honored Professionals in 2015, as well as an Illinois Leading Lawyer for Personal Injury in 2019.
Mr. Brown holds an Economics degree from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 1993 from the Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, where he served as president of the Decalogue Society of Lawyers. He is admitted to practice before all Illinois state courts as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Brown is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, where he serves on the Amicus Curiae Committee. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice, past chairman of the Northwest Suburban Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division and a former member of the organization's Judicial Screening Committee.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
About Mark A. Brown
First Admitted: 1994, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.lane-lane.com/bio/mark-a-brown/
- recent examples include $3.6M settlement in sexual abuse case; $1M settlement in sexual abuse case; $1M settlement in medical malpractice case; $525,000 settlement in premises liability case; $2.3M verdict in product liability case, $1.375 M verdict in medical malpractice case, $1.2M verdict in medical malpractice case, $1.65M medical malpractice settlement, $1.1M medical malpractice settlement, $1.025M medical malpractice settlement, $1.6M sexual abuse settlement, $1.1M sexual abuse settlement, $5.75M wrongful death settlement, $2.3M medical malpractice settlement, $1.3M personal injury settlement, $1.2M personal injury settlement, $890,000 wrongful death settlement, $1.75M settlement in sexual abuse case, $2.1M settlement in sexual abuse case, $2.2M settlement in tortious interference case, $600,000 settlement in premises liability case, $600,000 settlement in medical malpractice case, $1.2M settlement in premises liability case, and many others.
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Former Member, Judicial Screening Committee
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Past Chairman
- Executives Guild, Ltd., President 2020
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association; American Association for Justice; Chicago Bar Association; Illinois State Bar Association.
- Selected by his peers as an Illinois Leading Lawyer in personal injury law, 2019
- 40 Under 40 Illinois Attorneys to Watch, Chicago Magazine, 2007
- Client Distinction Award, 2013
- America's Most Honored Professionals, 2015
- Illinois Superlawyer, 2010 - 2019 (as seen in Chicago Magazine)
- Sole Proximate Cause (Co-Author), Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Medical Malpractice Seminar, December, 2000
- Workers' Compensation Lien and Proceeds from Uninsured/Underinsured Policies, Illinois State Bar Associations Young Lawyers Journal, May, 1999
Pro bono/Community Service
- Coach of Northwestern University Undergraduate National Mock Trial Team. Member of multiple committees for the Park District of Highland Park and a Baseball Coach.
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, Bachelor of Arts, Honors: Dean's List, Member: Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity, Major: Economics, Minor: Business, 1989
- American Association For Justice
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- "The staff is very kind and professional I have had an amazing experience with Nick Kamenjarin and would recommend… https://t.co/VtYg9RVo6H
- You deserve to be safe when visiting someone else's property. If you were injured by hazards that the property owne… https://t.co/1YeQ6PnfVb
- Most injury victims don't want to sue anyone. However, a lawsuit may be the only way to recoup lost wages, pay me… https://t.co/ySYj6Xxmu5
- Do you know how to identify nursing home abuse? It isn't always easy to spot, so you need to know the signs. If y… https://t.co/IE7ZfUfFFw
- Spinal injuries are some of the most catastrophic that accident victims can face. They may require extensive reha… https://t.co/j3zt7mI61M
Last Updated: 5/15/2022