Marta M. Davidson
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Chicago, IL
Marta Davidson is a hard-working attorney with a passion to achieve justice for those who have been harmed by medical negligence.
As part of the medical malpractice trial team, Marta has achieved several multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. For example, Marta second-chaired a trial in Winnebago County with partner Bradley Cosgrove involving the negligent placement of an Unna Boot on a 65-year-old man that resulted in an amputation of his left leg. The jury returned a record $3.157 million verdict for this type of injury in Winnebago County outside of Chicago. Marta tried another case alongside Bradley Cosgrove that involved a 68-year-old man who died two days after a knee replacement surgery. The jury returned a verdict of $8.25 million for the family. She was also part of the trial team that obtained a $4 million verdict on behalf of a family of a 51-year-old man who died following a carotid endarterectomy.
Marta also has taken part in negotiations resulting in multi-million-dollar settlements, including a $10.7 million settlement on behalf on a woman who suffered permanent brain injury from a ruptured aortic aneurysm, a $5.4 million settlement on behalf of a family whose husband and father died as a result of failure to timely treat a bowel perforation, and a $3.75 million settlement in DeKalb County on behalf of the family of a 45-year-old man who died from a pulmonary embolus. She currently handles a wide variety of medical malpractice and personal injury matters in Cook and the collar counties.
Prior to joining Clifford Law Offices, she worked at the Law Office of Kenneth C. Chessick, M.D. She graduated from the University of Illinois College of Law cum laude. While there, she served as Editor in Chief of the Business Law Journal and as the Productions Editor of the Journal of Law, Technology and Policy. She served as Executive Editor on the Moot Court Board and received recognition for excellence in several classes as well as in writing competitions. Every year since 2017, she has been recognized as a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers. Marta is fluent in Polish and proficient in Spanish, having studied in Barcelona during her undergraduate work at the University of Illinois.
Clifford Law Offices is proud of Marta Davidson’s accomplishments and of the consistent, high-quality hard work she puts in every day on behalf of her clients.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Marta M. Davidson
First Admitted: 2010, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.cliffordlaw.com/attorneys/marta-kowalczyk-davids...
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), 2010
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Design Patent Infringement: Post-Egyptian Goddess, 2010 U. ILL. J.L. TECH. & POL'Y, 2010., 2010
- Using Internet Blogs to Protect Native American Culture, SOVEREIGNTY SYMP. XXII, 2009, 2009
- University of Illinois College of Law, Chicago, IL, 2010
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2007
- Marta, along with partner Brad Cosgrove, obtained a $10.7 million settlement on behalf of a 41-year-old woman who experienced a sudden onset of chest pain, suffered permanent brain injury due to failure to timely recognize the signs and symptoms for a ruptured aortic aneurysm, failure to promptly and accurately interpret a check CT angiogram and failure to timely perform emergent cardiothoracic surgery. , 2020
- Marta, along with partner Brad Cosgrove and associate Charles Haskins, obtained a $5.4 million settlement on behalf of a plaintiff who went into septic shock and died when health care providers, at two different hospitals, failed to timely recognize the signs and symptoms of a bowel perforation and failed to timely take the plaintiff back to surgery after they underwent a hernia repair., 2019
- Marta, along with partner Brad Cosgrove, obtained a $4 million settlement on behalf of a 51-year-old male who died from hypoxia, obstruction of airway, hematoma following a carotid endarterectomy when the nursing staff failed to contact a physician to report signed and symptoms of a post-operative hematoma. , 2014
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2017-Present), Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2022
- This is the first year that The National Law Journal is giving special recognition to this “select group of young lawyers under age 40 who are up-and-comers in the plaintiffs bar.”, Rising Star, National Law Journal, 2021
- , 40 Under 40, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 2021
- Emerging Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, 2020, Emerging Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, 2020
- Leading Lawyer, Leading Lawyers, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022