Michael J. Merrick
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Chicago, IllinoisMerrick Law Firm LLC
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Employment & labor
Licensed in Illinois since: 1995
Education: Creighton University School of Law
Merrick Law Firm LLC77 W Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60601 Phone: 312-269-0200 Email: Michael J. Merrick Visit website
Mr. Merrick, who has 30 years of employment law experience, founded Merrick Law Firm LLC in 2005 where he is exclusively engaged in the practice of employment law representing executives, professionals, managers, and other employees. He handles matters involving employment agreements, non-competes, severance packages, and the gamut of discrimination and wrongful discharge claims. Mr. Merrick also engages in employment counseling and defense work for small and medium-sized employers in a more responsive and affordable fashion than large firms. He has increasingly devoted a substantial part of his practice to prosecuting ADA, FMLA, and ERISA claims on behalf of employees with disabilities and serious health problems.
Additional Office Location:
1004 Farnam Street, Suite 103
Omaha, NE 68102
Direct: (402) 933-4256 | Main: (402) 951-9330 | Fax: (402) 513-6504
First Admitted: 1995, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.chicago-lawyer.net/michael-j-merrick.html
- Rated "AV/Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for an attorney's legal ability and ethical standards.
- Also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including Trial Bar), the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, the Nebraska state and federal courts, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association including Illinois and Nebraska Chapters.
- Judicial Law Clerk for Magistrate Judge Thomas D. Thalken, United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, 1993
- All Private Sector Industries
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023