Nicholas J. Vogelzang
Top rated class action & mass torts attorney in Chicago, IllinoisVogelzang Law
A personal injury attorney focusing his practice on asbestos cases, Nicholas J. Vogelzang represents clients stricken with mesothelioma nationwide. He is the founder and lead counsel at Vogelzang Law and has more than two decades of experience zealously advocating for those who have paid the painful price of another’s negligence.
At Calvin University, Mr. Vogelzang earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science before joining Saint Louis University School of Law. He then graduated from law school in 1999, earning his Juris Doctor. After a long career of representing individuals and their family members who have been injured, he has earned an Avvo “Superb” rating and has been included in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list. He has gained immense respect from his peers and has been rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
One of Mr. Vogelzang’s earliest successes was a verdict of $250 million for a client who was exposed to asbestos. Since that verdict, he has represented hundreds of clients whose family members have been exposed to asbestos while performing job duties in a wide range of industries, including plumbing, chemical engineering, airplane mechanics and sheet metalworking. A passionate attorney fighting for the best interests of everyday workers in Madison County and Cook County, he is not afraid to take on Fortune 500 companies on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Vogelzang is the co-founder of the Mesothelioma Race for Justice and has also been honored as the speaker of the Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Conference consecutively for several years. He serves his community by raising awareness about the dangers of certain products and fundraising. He also holds memberships in a few professional organizations, including the American Association for Justice and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasClass action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Class actions, Asbestos, Toxic torts, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
First Admitted: 1999, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://vogelzanglaw.com/attorneys/
- Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Conference 2020 Speaker
- Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Conference 2021 Speaker
- Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Conference 2018 Speaker
- Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Conference 2019 Speaker
- $5.63 million - Union Pipefitter $3.86 million - Inspector/Sander $3.63 million - Electrical Worker and Wife of an Insulator $3.58 million - Tuckpointer and Sheet Metal Worker $3.44 million - Carpenter $2.99 million - Steel Worker $2.93 million - Carpenter $2.84 million - Bricklayer & Iron Worker $2.7 million - Union Laborer & Sander $2.5 million - Pipe-Insulator and Laborer, Mechanic, and Wife of Sheet Metal Worker $2.27 million - for Plumber & Paper Sander $2.24 million - Residential Construction Laborer and Boiler Operator $2.23 million - Construction Worker and a Commercial Electrician $2.12 million - Union Pipefitter $2.06 million - Electronics Engineer & Construction Laborer and Steelworker $2.02 million - Residential Construction Laborer $2 million - Construction Worker $1.98 million - Construction Laborer, Chemical Worker, & Daughter of a Steel Worker $1.96 million - Wife of a Mechanic and a Carpenter $1.92 million - Residential Laborer and Sheet Metal Worker *Please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. $1.79 million - Navy Officer $1.78 million - Printing Press Operator, Wife of a Steel Worker, Laborer in a Paper Mill, and a Manufacturing Laborer $1.77 million - Union Steel Worker $1.74 million - Laborer in HVAC work $1.72 million - Wife of an Electrician & a Printing Press Operator $1.59 million - Sheet Metal Worker $1.56 million - Construction Worker $1.54 million - Shop Teacher and Pipefitter $1.54 million - Factory Laborer, Operator of a Lodge, Wife of a Shoe Manufacturer, and Machinist $1.5 million - Wholesale and Retail Salesman $1.49 million - Sailor $1.49 million - Construction Contractor, Wife of an Electrical Engineer, and Residential Construction Laborer $1.43 million - Daughter of Construction Laborers and a Mechanic $1.23 million - Carpenter, and an Electrician’s Mate $1.23 million - Brick Layer $1.21 million - Welder and the Wife of an Electrician $1.18 million - Miner and the Wife of a Laborer in a Glass Factory $1.15 million - Wife of a Union Painter, Sheet Metal Worker, and Steel Worker
- Manufacturing Construction
Office location for Nicholas J. Vogelzang
401 N. Michigan
Chicago, IL 60611
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
Find me online
- Florida is one of the most visited destinations in the world, and we aren't surprised; it's also one of our favorit… https://t.co/8ujLo0dbmK
- Schools should be a haven for our children, but some school districts are more interested in opening than delaying… https://t.co/6bEOH9Qkyp
- Asbestos, for many years, was truly the miracle mineral. It has many uses & benefits, but the big glaring problem i… https://t.co/RMnBfKFyPc