Randall B. Gold
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Chicago, IL
Randall B. Gold is an attorney at the law firm of Fox & Fox SC, located in Monona, Wisconsin, where he concentrates his practice on employment law. Within this legal field, Mr. Gold handles a wide variety of complex legal issues, including civil rights, sexual harassment, retaliation, whistleblowing, unlawful termination and more. He also handles commercial litigation, securities claims and other business-related legal matters. He represents clients in Monona and throughout the Madison metropolitan area.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Mr. Gold earned his law degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Wisconsin and Illinois, as well as before the U.S. district courts for the eastern and western districts of Wisconsin, the U.S. districts courts for the northern, central and southern districts of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. He also serves as an arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (formerly known as the National Association of Securities Dealers).
In his more than three decades of practice, Mr. Gold has recovered many large verdicts and settlements for his clients, including several that were more than $1 million. His accomplishments have earned him numerous honors and recognition from his peers. He is rated AV Preeminent,* the highest possible rating, by the respected peer review service Martindale-Hubbell. He has been featured in the publication The Best Lawyers in America every year since 2010.
Mr. Gold belongs to a number of professional organizations, including the Chicago Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin and the American Bar Association. He regularly serves as a speaker at legal conferences and seminars throughout Wisconsin and Illinois.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Business Litigation
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2018, 2020 - 2022
About Randall B. Gold
First Admitted: 1985, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.fox-law.com/attorney/randall-b-gold/
- Guest Speaker - Littler Mendelson 1999 National Employer Seminar, Chicago, IL – "Why Employees Sue."
- Guest Speaker - 1999 State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Convention, Green Bay, WI – "Cutting Edge Issues in Civil Rights Litigation."
- Guest Speaker - 1996 Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago, IL – "Legal Issues Concerning the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act."
- Guest Speaker - 1995 Chicago Bar Association Employment law Seminar, Chicago, IL – "Employment Law Issues and Pitfalls."
- Guest Speaker - 2007 SES Employment Law Update, Madison, WI – "Employment Law and EEO Developments".
- Guest Speaker - 2012 Upper Midwest Employment Law Seminar, Minneapolis, MN – "Negotiations and ADR in Employment Disputes" and "Pretext in Employment Discrimination Cases."
- Guest Speaker - 2013 SES Employment Law Seminar, Madison, WI – "Employment Law Update/Issues in the Workplace."
- Guest Speaker – October 15-16th, 2015, State Bar of Wisconsin Seminar - "Employment Law Update – “An Overview of Select Federal Anti-Retaliation Statutes.
- Guest Speaker, Employment Law Update – “An Overview of Select Federal Anti-Retaliation Statutes, Wisconsin State Bar Association, 2015
- Assistant Instructor of Legal Writing and Member, Chicago-Kent Law Review, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Best Lawyers in America, since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Top Attorneys in Wisconsin, since 2009
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers, since 2009
- Top Attorneys in Madison, WI, since 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, Committee on Labor and Employment Law
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- Wisconsin, 1999
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc., Member, Board of Arbitrators, 1988 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1985 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member, 1999 - Present
- Illinois, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- $240,000 - age discrimination
- $300,000 - religious harassment
- $1 million - EEOC and Dunse, Brown, and Gay v. Missoula Mac, Inc. d/b/a McDonald's Restaurants (W.D.WI. 2012)
- Hohert v. Weir Slurry Group (W.D.WI. 2003)
- $950,000 - sexual harassment
- Chicago Auto Loans, LLC v. Yale Schiff, et al., (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, No. 2012 L 013652) - March 2016: trial court verdict of $1.4 million for civil fraud and punitive damages against defendant in connection with his scheme to secure auto loan funding through phony car titles. , 2016
- $630,000 - whistleblower/retaliatory discharge
- $365,000 - sexual harassment / retaliation
- $425,000 - sexual harassment/retaliation
- $1.1 million - Michael Dubin v. Board of Madison Area Technical College, et al. (W.D.WI. 2011)
- $275,000 - disability discrimination
- $985,000 - age discrimination/retaliation
- $1.5 million - Personal Injury Settlement
- $650,000 - sexual harassment / retaliation
- $525,000 - investment fraud
- $250,000 - racial/religious harassment
- $1.8 million - age discrimination
- $580,000 - partnership/LLC fraud and breach of contract
- $5.75 million - United States ex rel. Schwiderski vs. Northwestern University (N.D. Ill. 2000)
- Dr. Vivian West v. East Carolina University (N.C. 2005)
- $812,500 - age discrimination
- $550,000 - age discrimination
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 1982
Last Updated: 5/15/2022