Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Chicago, IllinoisFenbert & Associates
Attorney Richard Fenbert is the founder and owner of Fenbert & Associates in Chicago, Illinois. A top-rated trial attorney with more than eight years of legal experience, Mr. Fenbert represents the needs and interests of clients throughout the greater Chicago Metro area and all across the state who are dealing with serious and complex criminal and civil matters.
Focusing primarily on criminal defense and personal injury claims, Mr. Fenbert has achieved significant success helping his clients obtain the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve for their pressing legal challenges. In both criminal and civil matters, he has represented numerous high-profile athletes, celebrities, physicians and others with considerable means. However, he believes that all deserve quality counsel, no matter their wealth or standing in society.
Through his criminal defense practice, Mr. Fenbert delivers highly personalized counsel and effective defense strategies for those facing petty, misdemeanor and felony charges for DUI and other alcohol-related crimes, drug crimes, assault and battery, theft and robbery, fraud and financial crimes, juvenile crimes, and more. In addition, he has helped secure numerous substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, dangerous property conditions, dog bites and other acts of negligence as well as intentional harm caused by other parties.
Whether fighting on behalf of the accused or advocating for those who suffered injuries or loss as the result of someone else's wrongdoing, Mr. Fenbert maintains an unwavering focus on his clients' needs, and he has earned a reputation for his open communication, honesty, integrity and effectiveness. Recognized for his success, he has received top ratings from his peers as well as many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2006 graduate of Grinnell College, Mr. Fenbert obtained his Juris Doctor from Case Western Reserve University in 2011. He holds his license to practice in Ohio as well as Illinois, and he has the distinction of having scored the highest on his Criminal Law Exam.
Drawing upon his extensive legal knowledge, Mr. Fenbert helped edit the 2015 edition of "Ohio Arrest, Search and Seizure," and he has published articles and conducted lectures on a variety of legal topics. He is also a frequent guest on a local radio news program, where he offers legal commentary on various subjects.
Mr. Fenbert serves on the Board of Directors of the Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and he is an active member of the Chicago and Illinois State Bar Associations and the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Criminal Fraud, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Sex Offenses
- 40% Criminal Defense
- 50% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.fenbertlaw.com/attorney/fenbert-richard-louis/
- Cuyahoga County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, Board of Directors
- Highest Score Receiver, Criminal Law Exam, Case Western Reserve Law School
- Grinnell College, B.A. – Bachelor of Arts, Major - Political Science
- City of Strongsviile v. Jacob Wisniski, 13 TRC 006668
- State of Ohio v. Roy Bell, Ohio 2624, 2012
- City of Cleveland v. Rami Abukhrayba, TRD 049573, 2013
- South Euclid v. Bautista-Avila, Ohio 3236, 2015
- Ohio Arrest, Search and Seizure, 2015
- 89.3 AM Cleveland State Radio, Legal Questions, 2013
- Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Annual Conference, DUI Update, 2013
- WERE 1490 AM Radio, George Zimmerman Trial/Verdict, 2013
- Safety Through Education, DWI/DUI/OVI Detection & Penalties, 2014
- Deer Rehabilitation Center, DUI Penalties & License Reinstatement, 2015
- State Medical Board of Ohio and Impaired Physicians
Office location for Richard Fenbert
10 S LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60603
- Super Lawyers: 2024
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022