Richard J. Schroeder
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2018
Attorney Richard J. Schroeder is a partner with Tarpey, Jones & Schroeder, LLC, law firm in Chicago, Illinois. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 17 years of total legal experience, Mr. Schroeder provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout the greater Chicago metro and surrounding areas who have serious personal injury or wrongful death claims arising from any of the following:
· Car and trucking accidents
· Medical malpractice
· Slip-and-fall accidents and other premises liability issues
· Defective products
· Construction accidents
· Nursing home abuse and neglect
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Schroeder has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for individuals and families suffering needlessly as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. Named an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Magazine, he has earned designation as one of the "Top 100 Trial Attorneys in the field of Plaintiff's Personal Injury" by the National Trial Lawyers in Illinois as well as Top 40 Under 40 designation from both the National Trial Lawyers and the Chicago Law Bulletin.
Moreover, the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys has named him among the "Top 10 Attorney Award for the State of Illinois," and he has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received excellent client ratings on Avvo as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 2000 cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, Mr. Schroeder obtained his Juris Doctor from the Illinois Institute of Technology's Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2003. While there, he was an active member of the NITA Trial Team and the Phi Delta Phi Honor Society. He also received an academic scholarship, and he won the Warren D. Wolfson Award for Best Trial Advocate as well as the CALI Award in Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Schroeder is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and he is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2018
About Richard J. Schroeder
First Admitted: 2003, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.tarpeylaw.com/personal-injury-lawyers.html
- "Excellent" AVVO Rating
- Graduated with Honors (Cum Laude), Phi Delta Phi Honor Society; Senior Member of the NITA Trial Team (2001-2003); Recipient of the Warren D. Wolfson Award for Best Trial Advocate (2003); Recipient of CALI Award in Trial Advocacy; Recipient of an Academic Scholarship; Participated in numerous Competitive and Pro Bono trials; Presented Mock Trials for college and law students; Served as a Judge and Instructor for Trial Advocacy Competitions and Courses; Dean's List Honors, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers - The National Trial Lawyers Association (2012 - 2017) Super Lawyers Rising Star - (2011 -2018) Top 40 under 40 - The National Trial Lawyers Association (2012) Top 40 Under 40 - Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (2016) Emerging Lawyer - Leading Lawyer's Network (2016, 2017) One of the State's Top Attorneys - Chicago Magazine (2012) Who's Who Lifetime Member - Cambridge Who's Who
- Selected for the "Top 10 Attorney Award for the State of Illinois" by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Inc.
- Personal Injury
- $7,500,000 - settlement in a wrongful death, trucking collision case; $4,675,000 - verdict in a medical malpractice case for failure to treat a spine injury; $5,500,000 - settlement in a medical malpractice case resulting in an opiate overdose; $1,500,000 - settlement for an injury at a swimming pool resulting in an infectious disease; $1,500,000 - settlement in a malpractice case for failure to timely diagnose breast cancer; $850,000 - settlement in a phlebotomy malpractice case
- University of Illinois (Champaign/Urbana) - B.S. Psychology Chicago-Kent Illinois Institute of Technology - J.D.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Center For Disability and Elder Law (CDEL)
- Illinois, 2003
- U.S. District, Northern District of Illinois, 2003
- Worldwide Registry of Executives, Professionals & Entrepreneurs Lifetime Member
- Cambridge Who's Who Lifetime Member
- Hispanic Bar Association, Former member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association; Illinois State Bar Association; Federal Trial Bar (2008); American Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association
Last Updated: 8/10/2022