Robert J. Callahan
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Chicago, IL
The founder of his own law firm, Robert J. Callahan has extensive experience fighting for his clients in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Callahan exclusively focuses on the area of criminal defense, including defending his clients against misdemeanor and felony charges, such as white collar crimes, in state and federal courts.
Mr. Callahan graduated with his Bachelor of Arts in 1990 from the University of Illinois. He then pursued his legal education at the Chicago-Kent College of Law, part of the Illinois Institute of Technology. He was awarded his Juris Doctor and was subsequently licensed to practice law in Illinois in 1994.
Over his more than two decades of legal practice, Mr. Callahan has represented thousands of clients facing all levels of criminal charges, including drug crimes and homicide. Through his thorough investigation and strong litigation skills, Mr. Callahan and his law firm have obtained dismissals and not guilty verdicts in more than 1,000 criminal matters. In February 2020, Mr. Callahan won an acquittal for a client who was facing first-degree murder charges. He strongly believes in holding the prosecution to its burden of proof and works to protect his clients' freedoms and rights.
Mr. Callahan focuses on constantly honing his legal skills in the areas of cross-examination, investigation and litigation techniques to give his clients an edge in court. He regularly researches so that he can remain current with the changes in the law as they occur. Mr. Callahan actively participates in The Chicago Bar Association and the South Suburban Bar Association and participates in the in-court referral panel for both organizations. Dedicated to giving back to the community, Mr. Callahan also represents several clients each year on a pro bono basis.
About Robert J. Callahan
First Admitted: 1994, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.defenselawyersite.com/robert-j-callahan-criminal...
Pro bono/Community Service
- I try to accept at least 1 Pro-Bono case per year
- South Suburban Bar Association In-Court Referral Panel
- Chicago Bar Association In-Court Referral Panel
- Governor’s Pardon Granted https://t.co/0OylJ3YSHs https://t.co/k7DsX7bi0B
- Most Recent Criminal Case Victories in IL https://t.co/DfvhsMfonI
- Robert J Callahan Publishes Article Covering Drug Laws in Illinois https://t.co/iDBuRUB4js
- COVID-19 IN THE COOK COUNTY JAIL https://t.co/DaF1K38gjw
- If ever there was a time to NOT go to jail in Cook County, it’s right now. New York City may be ground zero for the… https://t.co/mYyBTNRDTl
Last Updated: 5/15/2022