Robert W. Berliner, Jr.
Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Chicago, IL
Mr. Berliner’s practice is predominantly mediation, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution services, although he also maintains a law practice representing clients in real estate and corporate matters. He is frequently retained as an expert witness in matters involving real estate or legal malpractice or both, and he acts as settlement counsel for parties who wish to settle disputes without going through a formal ADR process. He was formerly general counsel to a major real estate development and investment firm and a large family-owned conglomerate. In his private practice, he has handled all types of legal matters, including litigation. He has also been a principal in many real estate and other business ventures.
Mr. Berliner is a graduate of Harvard Law School and served in the US Navy as supply officer on a nuclear-powered submarine.
Certificates and Credentials
About Robert W. Berliner, Jr.
First Admitted: 1974, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://berlinergroup.com/resume.php
Pro bono/Community Service
- Founded and lead a program to provide pro bono mediation services to the Small Claims Court in the 12th Judicial Circuit (Will County). Program has mediated over 600 cases, of which about 85% have settled, and has grown from one to nineteen participating mediators. Received 2019 John C. McAndrews Award for Pro Bono Service from Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of Executive Committee and Charter Member, Illinois Chapter, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Association of Attorney-Mediators (national group); President, Illinois Chapter, Association of Attorney-Mediators; Member American, Illinois, Chicago Bar Associations
- , Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, Marquis Who's Who, 2017
- , John C. McAndrews Award for Pro Bono Service (2019), Illinois State Bar Association
Last Updated: 8/11/2022