Ronald A. Stearney, Jr.
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Chicago, IllinoisThe Law Offices of Ronald A. Stearney, LLC
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Civil Litigation, Real Estate; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1998
Languages Spoken: English, Polish
An accomplished trial attorney in both criminal defense and civil matters, Ronald A. Stearney Jr. is an attorney at the Law Offices of Ronald A. Stearney and Associates. The firm, which was founded by his father, is located in Chicago, Illinois, and he represents individual and company clients throughout the greater metropolitan area and other parts of the state. Admitted to practice in Illinois since 1998, Mr. Stearney is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Wisconsin, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
On the civil side of the docket, Mr. Stearney has handled a variety of complex business litigation cases. His experience has encompassed contract breaches, shareholder and partner disputes, employment agreements, intellectual property disputes, real estate, unfair competition, and the misappropriation of trade secrets, among other matters.
Mr. Stearney has also worked on cases involving civil rights violations, and his background has additionally included personal injury and wrongful death litigation, in which he represents people who have suffered harm due to the negligence of other persons or entities in cases arising out of motor vehicle crashes and premises liability. In his criminal defense practice, Mr. Stearney provides aggressive and effective advocacy on behalf of people who have been charged by the state or federal government with having committed felony or misdemeanor offenses.
An FAA-licensed pilot and fluent in Polish as well as in English, Mr. Stearney attended the University of Illinois and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1994. His legal education was subsequently obtained at Chicago-Kent College of Law, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1998.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Civil Litigation: Defense, Real Estate: Business, Appellate
Appeals, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance, Non-Compete Agreements, Trade Secret
- 50% Business Litigation
- 20% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 20% Real Estate: Business
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1998, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.stearneylaw.com/our-attorneys/
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- United States District Courts for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Courts for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial bar Certified)
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Pattern Civil Jury Instructions for the Seventh Circuit
- Contributor, Antitrust Treatise
- Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Section 1983 Civil Rights
Office location for Ronald A. Stearney, Jr.
211 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024