Scott D. Lane
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
Attorney Scott D. Lane is a partner of The Law Offices Of Lane & Lane, LLC, in Chicago, Illinois. Representing the rights of plaintiff clients throughout the greater Chicago metro region and surrounding areas, Mr. Lane focuses his practice on assisting individuals and families who have serious and complex legal challenges involving any of the following areas:
· Personal injury
· Medical and professional malpractice
· Motor vehicle accidents
· Premises liability
· Defective products
· Wrongful death
Prior to his present practice, Mr. Lane served as an Assistant State's Attorney in Cook County for several years, where he gained invaluable trial experience that helped shape his effectiveness as a legal advocate for those suffering through no fault of their own. Since fighting on behalf of the injured, he has obtained numerous substantial verdicts and settlements for his clients, solidifying his standing as one of the region's leading personal injury lawyers.
In 2002, Mr. Lane earned recognition as being among the 40 Attorneys Under 40 in Illinois to Watch and in 2014, the National Trial Lawyers named him among the country's Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Along with many other awards and honors from his peers, Mr. Lane has received a listing in the Top Attorneys of North America's Who's Who directory and has been selected as an "Illinois Super Lawyer" every year since the inception of this honor.
A 1984 cum laude graduate of Southern Methodist University, Mr. Lane obtained his Juris Doctor from Loyola University of Chicago School of Law in 1988. Giving back to the school, Mr. Lane often mentors law students, coaches the trial team, and helped establish the Loyola Law School's Circle of Advocates.
Along with practicing before all Illinois state courts, Mr. Lane is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. Supreme Court. Drawing upon his extensive legal knowledge, he serves as an adjunct professor at Loyola University of Chicago School of Law and is the instructor of the Illinois State Bar Association's Trial Technique Institute.
Mr. Lane has written extensively and conducted numerous lectures and seminars on a variety of topics related to civil litigation and effective trial techniques. Furthermore, he is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the American College of Legal Medicine, Decalogue Society of Lawyers, and the International Society of Primerus Law Firms.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
About Scott D. Lane
First Admitted: 1988, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://lane-lane.com/bio/scott-d-lane.cfm.htm
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (fka “ATLA”)
- Illinois State Bar Association Trial Technique Institute
- United States Supreme Court (1995)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois(1989)
- Illinois (1988)
- Scott became a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
- One of the 40 Attorneys Under 40 in Illinois To Watch
- “Illinois Super Lawyer” as published by Law & Politics and Chicago Magazine.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Loyola Law School's Circle of Advocates (Advisory Committee) and serves as a mentor in Loyola’s mentoring of law students program
- American College of Legal Medicine, and the International Society of Primerus.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Cum Laude, in 1984 from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.
- Scott received his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, 1988
- "The staff is very kind and professional I have had an amazing experience with Nick Kamenjarin and would recommend… https://t.co/VtYg9RVo6H
- You deserve to be safe when visiting someone else's property. If you were injured by hazards that the property owne… https://t.co/1YeQ6PnfVb
- Most injury victims don't want to sue anyone. However, a lawsuit may be the only way to recoup lost wages, pay me… https://t.co/ySYj6Xxmu5
- Do you know how to identify nursing home abuse? It isn't always easy to spot, so you need to know the signs. If y… https://t.co/IE7ZfUfFFw
- Spinal injuries are some of the most catastrophic that accident victims can face. They may require extensive reha… https://t.co/j3zt7mI61M
Last Updated: 5/15/2022