Seth L. Cardeli
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Chicago, IllinoisLevin & Perconti
Attorney Seth L. Cardeli is a partner with Levin & Perconti law firm in Chicago, Illinois. Possessing more than 10 years of total legal experience, Mr. Cardeli provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Chicago metro area and all across the country who have suffered injury or loss as a result of someone else's negligence.
An aggressive trial advocate, Mr. Cardeli focuses his practice primarily on medical malpractice and birth injury claims, and he has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for families whose babies have suffered serious and life-altering injuries during birth, including resulting cerebral palsy, fetal heart rate issues and other matters. Regarded as a leader in this area of law, he has published articles on a variety of related legal topics, and he recently conducted a lecture entitled, "Basic Fetal Heart Rate Patterns, Nomenclature, and Etiology."
In addition, Mr. Cardeli has conducted many other lectures and seminars before the American Association for Justice, the Trial Advocacy College, and other organizations on birth injury litigation, medical expenses and other subjects. He also maintains active involvement with the American and Maryland Associations for Justice as well as with the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, The National Trial Lawyers and the Illinois State Bar Association, among others.
A 2004 graduate of Washington University, Mr. Cardeli attended Brooklyn Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2008. He holds his license to practice in Maryland, New York and New Jersey, and he has gained pro hac vice admission to practice in several other states throughout the country.
Honored for his professionalism and service, Mr. Cardeli has earned recognition from The Best Lawyers in America* for Medical Malpractice along with many other consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
*Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Professional Webpage: https://www.levinperconti.com/attorneys/seth-l-cardeli/
- Illinois State Bar Association (“ISBA”)
- New York
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Public Affairs Committee and Publications Committee
- New Jersey
- Maryland State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers
- Maryland Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice, 2021
- Published in TRIAL Magazine
- Published in Maryland Association for Justice Trial Reporter
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, 2014 – 2020
- Maryland Super Lawyers® Rising Star – Personal Injury Litigation – Medical Malpractice Law, Plaintiffs, 2016-2018, 2021
- AAJ Discovery Obstruction Seminar, November 2019
- “The Clock Doesn’t Stop at Delivery,” AAJ Birth Trauma Litigation Group Newsletter, Winter 2019
- Intake Factors to Consider, AAJ Annual Convention, July 2015
- AAJ Webinar Depositions: Preserving Objections, September 2017
- Trial Advocacy College: Depositions, June 2019
- “Thwart the Assault on Future Medical Expenses”
- Trial Advocacy College: Depositions, April 2020
- Basic Fetal Heart Rate Patterns, Nomenclature, and Etiology Webinar, April 2020
- AAJ Education’s Perfecting Remote Depositions Workshop, August 2020
- “A Peek Inside the Jury Room” in the August 2018 issue of TRIAL magazine
- “Future Medical Expenses Without the Affordable Care Act”, 2015
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A. in Political Science, 2004
Office location for Seth L. Cardeli
325 North Lasalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018, 2020 - 2021