Seth R. Halpern
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Chicago, IllinoisMalkinson & Halpern, P.C.
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Personal injury, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1988
Education: The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
Malkinson & Halpern, P.C.33 N Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60602 Visit website
Chicago, Illinois, attorney Seth R. Halpern handles a wide range of legal matters, including complex litigation in employment law and personal injury disputes. One of the founders of Malkinson & Halpern, P.C., he heads the firm's employment law practice and has substantial experience representing businesses and mistreated employees in Chicago and throughout Northern Illinois and Indiana.
Recognized as an authority in the field of employment law, Mr. Halpern is a frequent and invited lecturer for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, and Business 21 Publishing, an organization that provides corporate and employee training for various companies. He further serves on the advisory committee for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education's Annual Employment Law Update Seminar. In this capacity he has given presentations to attorneys on a range of current topics such as employment discrimination, wage/hourly pay violations, sexual harassment, and retaliatory discharge. Mr. Halpern is a frequent guest on the weekly Chicago IHeartradio program “It’s All Legal”, speaking on employment-related legal issues, and was recently invited to participate as an expert in employment law as part of Columbia College’s continuing series “Cinema Slapdown”.
In keeping with his firm's full-service approach, Mr. Halpern also successfully handles contested business and contract disputes, medical and dental malpractice claims, and other personal injury cases. Mr. Halpern has extensive experience representing clients in the Illinois state courts, the federal courts in Illinois and Indiana, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, The EEOC, the Illinois Human Rights Commission and the U.S. Department of Labor. Over the course of his career, he has obtained numerous favorable verdicts and settlements for his clients, including over $850,000.00 in two recent class action employment discrimination and wage/hour violation cases in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Halpern has been repeatedly recognized by his peers as an Illinois Super Lawyer, and most recently as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Illinois by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Business litigation
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment
- 60% Employment & labor: employee
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1988, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://mhtriallaw.com/halpern.html
- U.S. District Courts, Indiana
- Illinois Department of Human Rights
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. District Courts, Illinois
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Illinois Human Rights Commission
- Northwestern University, 1985
- Super Lawyers, 2005
- Super Lawyers, 2014
- Super Lawyers, 2010
- Illinois Super Lawyer
- , Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers
- Mr. Halpern is a frequent lecturer for IICLE on employee/plaintiff related employment litigation issues. He most recently was a presenter at IICLE's annual Labor & Employment Law Update Conference in April of 2015.He is a frequent guest on the weekly Chicago IHeartradio program “It’s All Legal”, speaking on employment-related legal issues, and was recently invited to participate as an expert in employment law as part of Columbia College’s continuing series “Cinema Slapdown”., Speaker, Retaliation update, Illinois Institute For Continuing Legal Education, 2015
- Illinois State Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Office location for Seth R. Halpern
33 N Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2010, 2013 - 2023