Stacy Michelle Bardo
Top rated Consumer Law attorney in Chicago, IllinoisBardo Law, P.C.
Practice Areas: Consumer Law, Class Action & Mass Torts
Licensed in Illinois since: 2000
Education: Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Bardo Law, P.C.203 N La Salle St
Chicago, IL 60601 Phone: 312-219-6980 Email: Stacy Michelle Bardo Visit website
Stacy Bardo is the founder of Bardo Law, P.C., a consumer protection litigation firm in Chicago, Illinois. Stacy has dedicated the entirety of her law career to litigating consumer cases on the plaintiff’s side. She has been principally involved in hundreds of actions involving debt collection, identity theft, and credit reporting practices, consumer fraud and deceptive sales, warranty breaches, automobile financing, repossession, and odometer fraud complaints, mortgage servicing breaches, and specifically, violations of the federal Truth in Lending, Telephone Consumer Protection, Fair Debt Collection Practices, Electronic Funds Transfer, Fair Labor Standards, Fair Credit Reporting, and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Acts.
She has been appointed class counsel in multiple national and statewide class actions certified in Illinois, New York, California, Michigan, Minnesota, and Washington and is licensed to practice in the State of Illinois, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois, the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the Northern District of Indiana, and the Western District of Michigan, and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Seventh and Ninth Circuits.
An active supporter of both the National Consumer Law Center and the National Association of Consumer Advocates, Stacy was a member of NACA’s Board of Directors from 2012-2018, serving two years as Co-Chair of the Board, and currently chairs NACA’s Ethics Committee. Stacy also served as the Legislative Liaison for the Chicago Bar Association’s Consumer Law Committee and is a past Vice-Chair. She is also a longtime Professionals Board member of CARPLS, a Chicago-area legal services organization which provides free hotline and courtroom help services to thousands of families every year.
Stacy is a frequent guest lecturer, serving on panels hosted by, among others, the Chicago Bar Association, the National Consumer Law Center, the National Association of Consumer Advocates, the Illinois Creditors’ Bar Association, the Lawyers’ Trust Fund of Illinois, and PLI.
A Chicago native, Stacy is a graduate of Northwestern University and Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
First Admitted: 2000, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://bardolawpc.com/about/
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2000
- Bachelor of Science, School of Education and Social Policy at Northwestern University, 1997
- Volunteer lawyers are needed to help the many low-income clients facing a wide assortment of consumer law matters who are unrepresented.Federal and state governments and businesses have protections in place to alleviate the financial stress caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The protections include suspensions of some foreclosures and evictions, shut-off protections for utility and telecommunication services, forbearance and elimination of additional interest accrual on some student loans and limitations on debt collection and repossessions. The Program will provide training to assist consumers impacted by the pandemic. Stacy Bardo will be presenting on State and Federal Restraints on Debt Collection., Panelist, Representing the Pro Bono Client, Practicing Law Institute, 2021
- Topics for discussion include: New digital court reporting technologies and how to leverage them in your favorCurrent state of AI technology and automation as it applies to depositionsDigital exhibit management for winning depositionsA picture in picture is worth millions of dollarsCost reduction as a consequence of AI and automation, Speaker, Don't Just Litigate, Dominate - How to Use New and Emerging AI and Automation Technologies to Supercharge Your Depositions, Producing Faster Resolutions While Reducing Spend , Perrin Conferences, 2023
- Handling Cases Post-Judgment: How to prepare for post-trial challenges, including appeals and collection of attorneys’ fees., Speaker, Handling Cases Post-Judgment, National Association of Consumer Advocates, 2022
- Chair - National Association of Consumer Advocates Ethics Committee , 2022
- Member, National Association of Consumer Advocates Nominating Committee
- National Association of Consumer Advocates, Co-Chair of the Board of Directors
- Professionals Board, CARPLS
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023