Steven A. Greenberg
Top rated White Collar Crimes attorney in Chicago, IllinoisGreenberg Trial Lawyers
Practice Areas: White Collar Crimes, Criminal Defense, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1986
Education: Northern Illinois University College of Law
Greenberg Trial Lawyers53 W. Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60604 Visit website
The founder of the Illinois-based legal firm Greenberg Trial Lawyers, Steven A. Greenberg serves clients in Chicago and the surrounding areas. With more than three and a half decades of experience in the legal field, he has been solely focusing his practice on criminal defense for the past 23 years. He handles a wide variety of cases, including DUI, DWI, white collar crimes, criminal appeals and civil rights and criminal appeals.
Admitted to practice law in the state of Illinois, Mr. Greenberg represents his clients before several courts, including the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A Chicago native, Mr. Greenberg earned his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University Bloomington in 1982. In 1986, he obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the Northern Illinois University College of Law and received his bar license the same year. Since then, he has defended clients against serious felony charges and tried hundreds of these cases to verdicts in federal and state courts.
Mr. Greenberg’s dedication and zealousness to assist his clients are unmatched and many of his previous clients have termed him as a go-to litigator for serious legal charges. He is widely respected by peers, prosecutors and judges and has been peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
Well-known as one of the top criminal defense attorneys in the nation, Mr. Greenberg was recently selected by the Illinois State Bar Association to be featured in a training video. He frequently serves as a guest lecturer at various seminars and law schools, where he discusses and talks about trial strategies and techniques.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: White Collar, Criminal Defense, Appellate, Civil Rights
Appeals, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Police Misconduct, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, White Collar Crime
- 40% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 30% Criminal Defense
- 20% Appellate
- 10% Civil Rights
First Admitted: 1986, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.greenbergtriallawyers.com/attorney/greenberg-ste...
- Selected as a Leading Lawyer (Top 5%)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Invitation only Society Limited to the Top ½ of One-Percent of Trial Lawyers
- Phi Alpha Delta
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2006
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section Council
- Illinois, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- Member of the Board, Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 2008
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2007
- Amicus Chair, Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1987
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- Certified Capital Litigation Lawyer
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.S., 1982
- People v. Drew Peterson People v. Dugan United States v. Blanks
- Litigation Counsel Of America Fellow
- Illinois State Bar Association Criminal Justice Section Counsel
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Office location for Steven A. Greenberg
53 W. Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60604
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2007, 2010 - 2011, 2013 - 2023