Steven R. Levin
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Free Consultation
Advocating for construction workers; auto crash, slip and fall, and animal attack victims and others in personal injury cases, Steven R. Levin has a history of helping people get back on their feet after an accident. As an attorney at Levin Riback & Adelman P.C., he represents people in Cook County, the collar counties around Chicago, and south Florida. Mr. Levin has recovered over $70 million dollars for his clients.
Providing outstanding representation requires an attorney who truly cares. Mr. Levin not only devotes countless hours to his practice, but he also shares his experiences with others as he trains and mentors young lawyers. Additionally, Mr. Levin is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and Florida Bar Association, each of which provides him with the opportunity to learn new tactics and have access to invaluable resources.
Keenly aware of the dangers on construction sites, Mr. Levin knows how to spot unsafe conditions and third-party responsibility. He personally digs through case details to put together a comprehensive argument that outlines the extensive damages these workers often suffer. Workers’ compensation only addresses certain losses, and employees may have rights to pursue a third party lawsuit to recover an award.
Mr. Levin’s dedication to clients has resulted in obtaining justice for union and other workers. Furthermore, it is his intention to ensure that unsafe working conditions are corrected and the mistakes that were made are not repeated. He has taken more than 35 cases to trial.
For his accomplishments, Mr. Levin holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He received a Bachelor of Arts from Tulane University in 1979 and a Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School in 1981.
Outside his practice, Mr. Levin worked as a volunteer scuba diver at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago for over a decade.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2009, 2013 - 2022
Articles about Steven R. Levin appearing in Super Lawyers
About Steven R. Levin
First Admitted: 1981, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.levinriback.com/attorney/steven-r-levin/
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (Committee on Membership)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Illinois Bar Association
- Tulane University, B.A., 1979 Tulane University, J.D., 1981
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Nominated 11 times.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Diver, Coral Restoration Foundation in Key Largo, Florida
- Volunteer Scuba Diver, Chicago’s John G. Shedd Aquarium
- 1.8 million for injured sheetmetal worker
- 5.8 million dollar settlement for independent contractor employee injured in fall from ladder., 2021
- $250 K settlement for a Chicago resident who fell and fractured her hip at a hotel while on vacation on a Caribbean island., 2020
- $9.6 million jury verdict for the estate of a woman who perished in a fire due to failure to provide working smoke detectors., 2020
- $1.1 million settlement for carpenter injured in collapse of booth at McCormick Place for failure to provide fork lift to stabilize structure., 2021
- $500,000 for injured laborer who fell from roof due to lack of fall protection in rainy, windy conditions. , 2017
- 3.1 million for injured ironworker
- 1.2 million for injured ironworker
- 1.0 million for injured ironworker
- 1.7 million for cellular tower erector
- $325,000 for glass installer who received lacerations form broken glass., 2017
- Members of the Chicago Building Trades
- Admitted to Florida Bar, 1982
- Illinois Super Lawyer, IL Super Lawyers, 2022
- “A.V. Rating” (highest possible), Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
Last Updated: 5/15/2022