Thomas M. Power
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisPower Rogers, LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1985
Education: The John Marshall Law School
Power Rogers, LLP70 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60602 Visit website
Thomas M. Power is an attorney and partner at Power Rogers LLP in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Power has over 35 years of legal experience and concentrates his practice on personal injury law, working with matters involving automobile accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, truck accidents and other issues. He represents clients in the Chicago metropolitan area and Illinois statewide.
A respected and established member of his legal community, Mr. Power has recovered major amounts in settlements and verdicts for injury victims. He provides committed and passionate representation to his clients, strongly advocating for their right to fair compensation.
In honor of his professional accomplishments and high ethical standards, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Power an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating. This is the highest rating available from the respected organization, presented to only a select few attorneys.
Staying involved in his legal community through active membership in professional organizations, Mr. Power belongs to the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He is a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Legislative Committee and a former elected member of the Illinois State Bar Association Assembly.
Mr. Power earned a bachelor’s degree from Saint Xavier University. He went on to receive his law degree from the John Marshall Law School, now known as the University of Illinois Chicago.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Power worked for the Cook County Public Defender Homicide Task Force. He holds a license to practice law before all Illinois state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1985, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.powerrogers.com/our-attorneys/thomas-m-power/
- Leading Lawyers Magazine 2016, Top 100 Lawyers
- Recognized as Illinois Super Lawyers, 2008 - Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association - Member of the Legislative Committee; Board of Managers, 2001 - Present; Board of Advocates, 1994 - 2001
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Illinois State Bar Association - Elected Member of the Assembly - two terms
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- B.A. Accounting, Loyola University of Chicago, 1983
- 1994- Federal District Court in Hammond- knee injury verdict- $1,500,000.002001- Construction negligence case- bi-lateral wrist fracture- $2,500,000.00 settlement2003- medical malpractice verdict- $2,500,000.00 verdict 2003- medical malpractice settlement- failure to diagnose aneurysm- $1,500,000.00 settlment2005- medical malpractice settlement- failure to diagnose perforated ulcer- $5,000,000.00 settlement.2007- Construction negligence- Plaintiff fell 25 feet to the ground, sustained brain injury- settlement $4,000,000.002007- medical malpractice- failure to timely treat a 15 year old boys asthma which resulted in death- settlement- $3,000,000.002007- auto accident- 80 year old injured- verdict $2,700,000.00 reduced by 42%.2007- medical malpractice failure to treat 21 month old baby for tuberculosis causing brain damage. Settlement $13,000,000.00
- I lectured at Loyola Law School in Chicago to their Corboy trial team for the last 6 years, Lecturer, Law School lecture, Loyola Law School trial team, 2019
Office location for Thomas M. Power
70 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023