William W. Flachsbart
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in Chicago, IL
William W. Flachsbart is a patent litigation attorney in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Flachsbart is a partner at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig PLLC and represents clients throughout Greater Chicago.
Mr. Flachsbart has over 25 years of legal experience handling complex patent litigation matters. He advises clients on topics such as patent licensing, trademarks, trade secrets and business and intellectual property (IP) disputes.
Although he is a talented litigator, Mr. Flachsbart is also adept at negotiation, mediation and arbitration, and he is always looking for the best way to find resolution in the best interests of his clients. He has successfully resolved and litigated several significant cases during his time in practice and is familiar with all steps in the litigation process.
After graduating from the University of Chicago with a bachelor's degree in mathematics with a computer science concentration, Mr. Flachsbart earned his law degree from the University of Chicago Law School. He also holds a master’s degree in mathematics from the University of Oregon.
Following law school, Mr. Flachsbart received his license to practice law before all Illinois state courts. Additionally, he is qualified to appear before several federal and appellate courts throughout the country and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Over the years, Mr. Flachsbart has remained an engaged and dedicated member of his legal community. He is a former adjunct faculty member at DePaul University College of Law, teaching IP litigation strategy. He has taught classes on the U.S. Constitution to a local school and has taken on various pro bono cases. He is an active member of the American Bar Association.
About William W. Flachsbart
First Admitted: 1996, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.dbllawyers.com/attorney/william-flachsbart/
- Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois May 14, 2015
- Illinois Super Lawyer (Intellectual Property) 2013-2022
- United States v. Pu, 814 F.3d 818 (7th Cir. 2016)
- Joshi v. Joshi, 18-cv-05426 (N.D. Illinois)
- Curry v. Weathersby, 11-CV-5590 (N.D. Illinois)
- Media v. Electronic Arts, et. al., 694 F.3d 1367 (Fed. Cir. 2010)
- Illinois 11/07/96
- W.D. New York March 7, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, January 30, 2015
- Supreme Court of the United States, June 22, 2009
- W.D. Wisconsin, February 3, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, February 15, 2017
- D. Connecticut, September 14, 2012
- D. Minnesota, March 7, 2005
- D. Colorado, February 11, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, March 21, 2000
- D. Arizona, January 25, 2000
- Supreme Court of Illinois 11/07/96
- E.D. Tennessee, February 2, 2000
- N.D. Illinois, December 18, 1996
- M.S., Mathematics, University of Oregon
- S.B., Mathematics with a concentration in Computer Science, University of Chicago
Last Updated: 5/15/2022